Chapter 17

I peeled my eyes open to stare up at a ceiling, my vision becoming more blurry as I squinted my eyes, trying to adjust to the new lights.

What happened?

With a painful groan, I sat up, ready to get up from wherever I was but froze when I noticed veer staring right at me, causing me to gasp before I crawled back on the bed.

Wait, bed?!

"What-" my breath hitched as I stared at the unfamiliar sheets on my legs before I darted my eyes around the familiar room.

No, no, it canʼt be. "How..." at this point, I could barely say anything and veer just sat still on the chair, right in front of the bed I was sitting on, his elbows firmly resting on his lap as he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"It was about time you returned back to me, donʼt you think?" his cocky attitude somehow pricked my nerves and I sent him a deadly glare, trying to remember what happened.

All I remember is him backing me into a corner and then what happened? Did he drug me? Compelled me? When did I black out?

"You wonʼt get away with this." I finally hissed at him, anger bubbling inside of me at the sight of his calm behavior.

Veer only tightened up his interlocked fingers and slightly brushed his thumb against his lips before narrowing his eyes at me in both amusement and suspicion.

"But I did," he suddenly leaned back against the chair and I shot him a million daggers.

"Twice, might I add." He tilted his head to a side, humoring himself in the process and I scoffed at his bold statement.

"You really think you can get away with this, donʼt you? The hell is wrong with you?! Why are you doing this to me?!" I started snapping, grabbing the nearest pillow and hurling it towards him but he easily caught it and let out a sigh, dropping the pillow on the ground before standing up.

The moment he straightened his figure, my confidence crumbled to pieces and I could feel myself slowly backing away as he started taking slow, painful steps towards me, almost making my blood freeze.

"Oh sweetheart," his sickly sweet tone only made me tremble more but I stood my ground, gripping the bed sheet as he placed a hand right next to my waist, leaning closer to my figure as I pressed myself against the headboard.

"Because itʼs you, I am doing this." He finished, placing his free hand on top of the headboard, gripping it tightly as he closed in and at this point, I just glared right up at him, hoping it would somehow intimidate him and cause him to back off but then again, this wasnʼt just any guy weʼre talking about.

"Omkara is going to find me." My voice was now cracking and I could feel the hot tears burning in my eyes but I held a firm gaze as Veer gave me the most fake surprised look before he let out a chuckle, shaking his head in pity.

"Funny how you keep depending on that one person you were dying to get away from." His words seemed to get to me somehow but I decided to ignore them, knowing very well that he was just trying to tick me off.

"Move." I started to push him away, ready to slip past him when he spoke again, this time, his breath hitting the back of my neck.

"You wanted me to help you get away from him, donʼt you remember, sweetheart?"

"I said move!" I snapped, giving him another push but stopped to let out a huff in frustration when he didnʼt budge, instead, a grin crept up on his face and his amusement only caused my anger to rise up.

"You didnʼt say please." "Fuck off."

"Guess youʼve grown quite an attitude now, haven't you?"