Chapter 16

Is this a dream or is Omkara Singh Oberoi really kissing me right now?

I started to squirm and was attempting to pull away but Omkara held a firm grip on my neck, his lips pressed firmly on mine.

I gripped his shirt and finally pulled away, trying to make a run for it but Omkara easily caught my wrist, yanking me towards him before wrapping an arm around my waist securely.

"Omkara ?!"

"Yes?"  turned to look at Ishana and I could hear her scoff in disbelief before she glared at me, her mouth opening and shutting right up every few seconds. Iʼm guessing sheʼs having trouble speaking right now.

"Di-did you just-ki-" Ishana stopped, her eyes slightly glistening in tears and I noticed Omkara's grip loosen from my waist as he took a step forward, a hint of guilt suddenly flickering in his eyes as Ishana disappeared from our sight.

"Wh-why did you do that?" I asked but Omkara was now staring off into space, an unreadable expression growing on his face before he turned to look at me, his eyes slightly narrowing at me.

"I donʼt know, I was just mad-" he stopped before inhaling deeply and I turned away, a lump suddenly forming in my throat.

"If you want to clear up the misunderstanding, then go and tell her that you were just messing around-"

"I wasnʼt." I stopped to look at him but he was now staring ahead with a hard expression on his face.

"What do you me-"

"Iʼll handle Ishana, so go upstairs and get some sleep now."

"Are you going after her?" I barely choked out and Omkara froze before staring deep into my eyes, making my heart skip a beat.

"Please go and sleep, Gauri ..." he whispered, my eyes completely getting drawn inside his as I nodded my head obediently.

He compelled me, yet again. The next thing I knew, I was back upstairs and in my room, getting inside the sheets as I closed my eyes forcefully. I didnʼt want to sleep but I had to, I had no choice but in a way?

I was grateful he had compelled me. If he hadnʼt, I wouldnʼt be able to sleep tonight at all.

****

"So youʼve been avoiding them both the whole day today because of that?" Bhavya  asked and I nodded slowly, hugging myself even tighter.

"Donʼt you think that itʼs about time you mark your territory? If you really want Omkara then stop letting her take him away so easily. He is getting easily swayed by her every time and that-"

"I know, Bhavya ...but I canʼt keep asking, more like indirectly begging him to choose me over her. Itʼs his choice, not mine," I clutched my stomach as it growled hungrily.

I hadnʼt eaten the whole day and it was already 5 pm, but I was too busy trying to avoid Romeo and Juliet that I had forgotten to eat.

Luckily, Omkara was too busy to look for me too, or maybe he was still trying to console Ishana  after what he did last night.

"That bitch is going to be the death of all of us, I swear to-"

"Iʼm sorry for asking you to stay here longer. It was selfish of me to." I cut her off, my gaze landing on my hands.

"Hey, what are friends for?" Bhavya squeezed my hands and I looked to smile at her.

"Weʼll figure this out together, okay?" she mumbled, brushing a few strands of hair away from my face and I nodded.