Chapter 12

This chapter dedicated for khushi1995pc darling 😘

Another night, another event and another dress. I stared at my simply but elegant red dress that reached up to my mid-thighs and sighed, finally getting tired of all these annual events.

To me, it felt like all of this were staged, and it probably was. Humans would act nice and poised around the vampires, while the vampires would return the "kind" gesture. It was so immature but I guess itʼs just their way of keeping "peace" and I've learned to accept it.

"Are you ready?" Shivaay called out from behind closed doors and I muttered something to myself before sighing. "I heard that." He opened the door and I slipped on my black heels before plopping down back on the bed.
"Whatʼs wrong?"

"Nothing." I answered almost instantly, eyeing his black suit that went really well with his loosened hair.

"Are you sure? Because Iʼm here to warn you about Veer, you need to be careful because-"

"Because there is a chance that heʼll attend the event too, I know." I finished, standing up straight and rolling my eyes.

"You guys could just let me stay here and rot instead, but no, you just have to force me to be there now, donʼt you?" I muttered, sarcasm dripping in my words and I heard Shivaay let out a chuckle before walking up to me.

"Youʼre only going to be there until you finish the speech, love. It wonʼt even take long."

"But I hate that dumb speech. Welcome, pleased to have all you here. Please take a seat and hear my fucked up lies about vampires and-"

"Gauri , relax," He cooed, holding in a chuckle and I flinched when he brushed a few strands of my hair away from my face and tugging it behind my ears.

"Youʼll be fine. I wonʼt let anything happen to you." He mumbled and my heart slightly skipped a beat at his words.

"Y-yeah." I was about to take a step back, when a hand tangled around my waist, pulling me closer. I pressed my hands firmly on Shivaay's chest and looked up at him in confusion as he simply stared at me, his eyes boring into mine, then at my hair and occasionally flickering onto my lips.

"What?" I let out a nervous laugh, trying my
best to ignore all the details he keeps taking in about my features. I mean, thatʼs probably not even the case and-

"You are just perfect in so many ways." He cut off my thoughts and my jaws slightly dropped at his sudden words, my heart racing faster than ever as I tried to shake those feelings away.

His green eyes were now fixated into my chocolate ones and I couldnʼt help but draw myself inside them, trying to find even a hint of lie hidden inside them but there was none. His eyes didnʼt waver for even a second and I inhaled deeply before finally turning away and mumbling a quick "thank you".

I got out of his grip and was about to say something when he pinched my cheeks and turned around to leave, leaving the door open. That was just weird.

******

My eyes wandered at the unfamiliar men and females and I tried my best to keep myself together but it was hard to when all the guys kept glancing at me every five seconds. And by guys, I mean the Oberoi's brothers, who is supposed to "protect" me tonight and make sure nothing happens to me until my speech is over, which by the way is in an hour or so.

How charming to have to spend another hour with these sorry-excuse-of-a- human beings.

"Gauri ?" a familiar voice called and I turned around to face Bhavya, a very old friend of mine, who was one of the closest friends I had in middle school.