Chapter 14

The next day, I decided to get up early and visit the library and perhaps find a way to contact my parents.

Itʼs been too long since Iʼve last talked to them and I miss them so much.

Just hearing their voices over the phone isnʼt enough for me anymore. I had to see them, even if itʼs for a day. I was about to walk into the dining room, when I noticed Ananya carrying a luggage towards the main door and I rushed towards her.

"Hey, whatʼs going on?" I grabbed her hand, stepping in front of her as she gave me a long look before shaking her head, her thick brown hair dancing around her face as she did.

"Iʼm going home. I canʼt live here when itʼs not
safe, not after what happened..."

"What?! So youʼre leaving? What about me? Take me with you-"

"Gauri ,We both know Omkara doesnʼt want that," she scowled a little before her expression softened again.

"Anyways, thank you for what you did. If it hadnʼt been for you, I wouldʼve probably been dead by now, so yeah..." I eyed her as she twirled some strands of hair between her fingers.

"It was the right thing to do."

"I know, but still...an-anyways, Iʼm going. Be safe here and I donʼt know, try not to act like a little bitch who resorts to crying every time something goes wrong."

"Oh, I think Iʼve moved past that phase," She raised a brow and I rolled my eyes.

"A little." I added and she nodded with a small smile, her brown eyes boring into mine for a few seconds before she turned away.

"Bye, Gauri ." She said finally, opening the door and I followed her outside as she stepped out of the gate.

A car was waiting for her near the gate and I watched her get in as a butler escorted her luggage inside the car.

I bit my bottom lip and inhaled deeply when she sent me a weak smile through the window before turning away, causing my heart to drop.

"This canʼt be happening..." I breathed, my eyes trailing along the moving car before they were out of sight.

******

Dinner tonight felt awfully too quiet and I played with my food, my eyes drooping on my plate.

I am alone here now, how am I supposed to live here alone? I canʼt...I just canʼt.

"Donʼt like the food?"

"No, itʼs fine." I didnʼt look at Omkara and the boys went back to chatting, some of them making out with some random girls, who were invited here earlier.

I played with my food a little bit more and finally stood up, leaving the dining room.

"Whatʼs wrong?" Omkara appeared in front of me and I gasped a little before taking a step back from the spiral staircase.

"Nothing, I just-" I paused to contemplate whether I should tell him the truth or not.

"Donʼt like staying here alone. I donʼt feel comfortable." I spilled finally, finding no reason to hold back.

"Ananya left on her own, plus I wasnʼt interested in keeping her for long and I made that very clear when I told her she was outta the game."

"Game? Is this all a game to you?"

"Youʼre twisting my words, gauri."

"Enlighten me. Those were your exact words, Omkara ." I folded my hands across my chest, knitting my eyebrows together in annoyance.