Chapter 19

"You're awake." I heard Omkara's voice as I sat up on the bed, rubbing my sore arms and brushing away my hair.

"Yeah, when did you wake up? Are you going somewhere?" I blinked, squinting at Omkara , who was now slipping off his jacket.

"Did you go somewhere? What time is it?"

"Damn, one at a time, Gauri ." He raised a brow and I quickly nodded, murmuring a quick sorry before rubbing my temple.

"Something wrong?" Omkara questioned, sitting down on the bed and before I could answer him, he pressed his palm on my forehead, the corner of his lips slightly curling downwards.

"I'm fine, let me get changed." I hopped of the bed, then stopped halfway before letting out a groan.

"We don't have any clothes. Toothbrush is in there." He gave me an apologetic look as I walked into the toilet with another nod. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face, ignoring the burning stench of alcohol that was still lingering in my nose.

Oh God, it stinked.

"Omkara ," I stepped out to look at him. "Can we stay here for a few more minutes? I really want to rest a bit more." He simply nodded and I plopped back on the bed with a sigh.

"You must be hungry. I can take you to a restaurant or cafe on our way."

"That's alright, I'm just-"

"I insist." He persisted and I nodded slowly, breaking my gaze from his. He was about to say something when his phone started ringing and I watched him pick it out, immediately pressing it against his ears.

"Yeah, she's with me," He spoke softly, sparing me a glance.

"No, we have already talked about this, none of you are going to feed on the mortals without their permission, are we clear?"

I stopped to look at Omkara as he hissed on the phone before standing up, ready to leave the room when I grabbed his upper arm.

"I'll call you back, don't make me repeat myself again. I'll figure things out and bring some blood bags on the way, so until then, keep your hands and fangs to yourself." He hissed lowly on the phone, his eyebrows furrowing together in annoyance before hanging up.

"Omkara , what's going on? Are they hungry?" I asked, already catching up on the situation.

"Nothing you have to worry about. And don't eavesdrop on my conversations, it's annoying."

"Omkara , I was right next to you, I wasn't trying to-"

"It's too early for this, Gauri . I already got shit load of things to deal with besides you, so don't start." He cut me off with a huff, running a hand through his neck.

"I am not starting anything, Omkara- stop!" I grabbed his hand as he started to get up again.

"Just talk to me. What's going on?" I frowned a little, edging myself closer to him, completely captivating his eyes in mine before he let out a sigh.

"The guys are just pissed alright. You probably heard about the new rules and shit that I made. No more forcing on the humans for blood."

"That's really sweet of you-"

"Save it,Gauri ."

"If you can't take a compliment or a proper thank you, then fine, I'll take my ass somewhere else." I started to get up when Omkara grasped my wrist, pulling me back down.

"Sorry, I just-"

"Just what?" I cut him off and watched him pinch the bridge of his nose, his eyes ripping away from mine.