-6

Veronica and Toni were in the middle of shooing people away form the sofa they were saving for their friends, when Betty, Archie and Josie walked through the door to the student lounge. They sat down in the seats that were saved for them and started talking to Toni and Veronica. Just when Veronica and Toni had almost fully calmed down, Cheryl walked in looking around for her friends. Veronica noticed Toni's eyes tearing up at the sight of Cheryl entering the room,

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Veronica shouted to Cheryl as she took Toni by the hand and led her out of the common room. She took Toni to an empty classroom and sat her down at a table. "Toni, you gotta calm down, she's honestly not even worth it" She said stroking her hair and whipping her tears.

"I-I-I can't, she's my best friend. Why would she do this?" Toni said still crying. Just when Veronica was about to speak Cheryl burst through the doors of the bio lab. She looked to Veronica, as if to yell at her, right when she was about to speak she heard Toni crying and shifted her stiff gaze from Veronica to Toni, giving a guilty look.

"T.T why are you crying?" she said walking closer to her formerly best friend. Toni didn't say a word instead she sniffled and looked down at her hands. "T.T please, just let me talk to you about it" Cheryl pleaded.

"Cheryl, you've caused enough damage for one day, do yourself a favour and leave" Veronica spat at the redheaded girl.

"look Veronica, I get that you wanna be there for Toni, but she's my best friend, whether we're arguing or not. Now if you don't mind I'd like to apologise to Toni without you interrupting, that means with you out of the room." Cheryl couldn't hold back her anger anymore and shouted at Veronica.

"I don't think that's such a good idea, not with Toni's anxiety the way it is" Veronica said walking over and rubbing Toni's back.

"It's fine Ronnie, just wait in the hall" Toni squeaked quietly. Veronica nodded and walked out of the room, leaving Cheryl and Toni alone to talk about their fight. Cheryl walked up to Toni and knelt down on her knees in front of her, placing her hands on Toni's thighs. The redhead reached out and grabbed her friends hands in her own,

"Toni, first I want to say that I'm extremely sorry for ever fooling around with your brother, and second I want you to know that, I feel the same way, Toni... I like you, I like like you. I wanted to be kissing you too, trust me, more than anything in the world" Cheryl was tearing up now looking down at her hands, there was a long pause before Cheryl looked back up again and saw Toni staring in disbelief, "Toni, please say something" She pleaded with tears filling her eyes still.

"H- how did you know that I liked you?" Toni was shaking her head not being able to comprehend what was happening. Her breathing was growing heavier, her body was shaking and her heart pounding. "You left b-before I could tell you, how did you hear me?" She was now pacing across the front of the room.

"Toni, I didn't leave, I was half way down the ladder when you told me how you felt, but then I froze not being able to believe that you liked me. After all I have liked you since forever and I wasn't sure how you felt and I got frustrated with that, that's part of the reason why I fooled around with Tate. I'm sorry." The redhead felt herself rambling, she looked to Toni, waiting for an answer from her, instead she felt Toni's lips crashing into hers. It was soft and passionate, and reassuring. The girls came up for air and looked into each others eyes, Cheryl let out a light chuckle and rested her forehead on Toni's.

"Hey, pops after school?" Cheryl asked in a light voice pulling away from Toni's forehead.

"You mean like a date?" Toni whispered running her hand up and down Cheryl's arm, biting her lip.

"It can be whatever you want it to be, princess" Cheryl said planting one light kiss on Toni's forehead. "So, do you want to?" Cheryl asked again. Toni giggled and nodded, kissing Cheryl's lips softly. "Good, we can take my car" The taller girl said, standing up and leaving. Toni stared at Cheryl walking out, swaying her hips, she bit her lip and sunk down in her chair.

Cheryl walked past Veronica smiling, Veronica was suspicious and went in to check on Toni. She walked in and Toni was smiling, no more tears, her breathing was normal again and she was fine. Veronica hugged Toni and then sat next to her.

"Um, Toni... I know this probably isn't the best time for me to ask this but, do you maybe want to go to pops later today?" Veronica asked rubbing the nape of her neck. Toni was completely oblivious to her words and asked,

"What time?" Toni asked still lost in her thoughts about Cheryl.

"Um, maybe 4:30?" Veronica asked getting closer to Toni, stroking her biceps.

"Uh, can we make that 5:00? maybe more like dinner?" She said moving slightly away from Veronica.

"Yeah, anything for you, see you then" Veronica said standing up and kissing Toni's cheek, then walking out of the room. Toni was still thinking about Cheryl on the way to her next period class and all through her next period class and through lunch and after school when she waited for Cheryl, she couldn't get her off her mind.

"Toni! TONI! Toni, I swear to god I will cancel our date..." Cheryl was waving a hand in front of Toni's face to get her attention.

"Huh? What happened?" Toni asked shaking her head.

"I said are you ready to go?" Cheryl asked her friend laughing at her obliviousness. Toni nodded her head and followed Cheryl to her car and got in the passenger side. Cheryl got in the drivers side and started the car.

The drive to pops so far was silent with Toni staring out the window and Cheryl focused on the road. Cheryl was stopped at a red light when she felt a soft hand slide under vixen skirt and up her thigh. She gasped at the interaction and then looked towards Toni who had now scooted closer to her and was staring at Cheryl's beautiful side profile with a grin spread across her face from one ear to the other.

A/N: sorry it's been so long since I updated I had a very busy weekend and was not able to write as usual. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and i'll see you next chapter.