-15

"What is she doing here?"

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll just leave, h-happy Birthday.."

Cheryl ran out of the bar and into the cold night air, followed closely behind by Veronica. She went and leant her body on the hood of Veronica's car.

Cheryl began to sob, knowing that she put all of her effort into this party and after all of this she doesn't even get to be there. She respects Toni's decisions and doesn't want to upset her any more.

"Cheryl, what the hell, get back in there. You did all of this work and for what? you don't even get to be there? That's not fair!" Veronica says, throwing her arms around everywhere.

"She doesn't want me in there, I respect that, I just want to leave. Could you please take me home since you brought me here?" Cheryl says calmly and quietly.

"Sure, let me tell Betty I'm leaving" Veronica says as she walks back into the bar.

Veronica walked around for a while trying to find Betty. She was about to give up and just take Cheryl home until she spotted her out the corner of her eye.

Betty was in the corner of the room with Toni, Toni was sitting on a bar stool with Betty between her legs. Betty was touching Toni's thighs and occasionally her ass, she was also whispering things in her ear while Toni downed glass after glass of alcohol.

Veronica got really mad seeing this, even though Cheryl and Toni broke up that doesn't justify Toni fooling around with Cheryl's cousin.

Veronica stormed up to Betty and Toni looking extremely mad.

"You two, outside, now!" Veronica screams, pointing outside and following them as they walk out.

Betty and Toni stood looking ashamed, with their heads looking down at their feet.

"What the fuck Toni, you can't just go around trying to fuck your ex's cousins!" Veronica began, "and Betty, I expected more from you, and you're dating jughead! You two are unbelievable" Veronica shouted.

"Look, Veronica, in case you haven't noticed, Cheryl and I are broken up, I am allowed to fool around with people, you're not my mom, Jesus" Toni said, crossing her arms and looking to Betty.

"Betty?" Veronica asks.

"I know, I'm dating jughead, but he doesn't satisfy me and I have needs, I'm a woman. You can't blame me for trying to have a good time!" Betty yells.

"How long?" Veronica asks, crossing her arms.

"About a week" The girls say in unison.

"Wow, okay I'm leaving now, I'm taking Cheryl home and I don't think I'm coming back tonight so have fun Toni, happy birthday" Veronica stormed off, leaving the two girls with each other.

Cheryl was about to start walking home as Veronica came back out of the bar. She unlocks her car and gets in the drivers side as Cheryl gets in the passenger.

"What took so long?" Cheryl asks, shivering.

Veronica contemplates wether she should tell Cheryl about Betty and Toni or not. She decides against it since she doesn't think Cheryl deserves any more heartbreak this week.

"Uh I just couldn't find Betty that's all, and here have my jacket" Veronica says, handing over her jacket.
• • •
"Thanks for the ride Veronica, I'll see you at school" Cheryl says and she shuts the car door.

Cheryl opens the door to her home and as she's about to shut it Veronica calls out.

"Cheryl, wait!"

"Yeah?" Cheryl spins around facing Veronica outside.

"Can I come in for a little bit?" Veronica asks shyly.

"Of course, come on in" Cheryl welcomes her.

Veronica slides past Cheryl at the door and the girls head up to Cheryl's room.

"Cher, I have something to tell you... and there really is no easy way to say this," Veronica starts, motioning for Cheryl to join her on the bed.

"Um, okay, so when I went into the bar to find Betty-" Veronica begins, holding Cheryl's hands.

"You didn't find her, instead you found the alcohol?" Cheryl laughs.

"Hah, I wish," Veronica scoffs. "No, Cher, I found Betty, she was with Toni, and they were... really close, like touching each other in places and whispering in each other's ears" Veronica pauses, trying to read Cheryl's facial expressions.

"I took them outside and had a conversation with them. I found out that they've been fooling around for about a week, so since you and Toni broke up, or maybe even before that. I'm so sorry Cher.." Veronica says, leaning in for a hug.

Cheryl starts to silently cry on Veronica's shoulder. She never thought Toni would even think about fooling around with her cousin. This broke Cheryl's heart even more than it already was.

"Cher?.." Veronica asks softly.

"Isn't Betty dating jughead? And isn't Betty straight? Doesn't Toni know that I never forgot her birthday?! Doesn't she know how hurt I am?! Does she actually think I would really forget her birthday?!" Cheryl was yelling now, she was mad at Betty but she was also mad at Toni, very mad at Toni.

Cheryl started yelling and screaming and trying to throw things around the room.

"Cher, just breathe. Calm down! Toni's not even worth it, honestly! Cheryl just stop throwing things and calm down!" Veronica grabbed Cheryl's wrists and stopped her from throwing things.

After a while of Veronica holding Cheryl and trying to calm her down, Cheryl decided to go to bed. She got changed into her pyjamas and into bed.

Veronica said goodnight and headed for the door.

"Don't leave, please, can you stay with me until I fall asleep?" Cheryl asked as Veronica agreed and climbed into bed next to her.

Cheryl rolled over and into Veronica's arms. Veronica wrapped her free arm around Cheryl's back and Cheryl wrapped her arm across Veronica's stomach as she intertwined their legs.

Every now and then Veronica could hear little sniffles coming from Cheryl and she would rub up and down her back or stroke her hair.

Even though Veronica and Cheryl weren't on good terms a few weeks back, Cheryl really needed this and she was happy and grateful that she still had someone after Toni left her.
                                     • • •
Veronica quietly got out from under Cheryl and off of the bed. She looked around for a piece of paper and a pen, she wrote Cheryl a note and said to call her if she needed anything.

Veronica set the pen down and tip-toed out of the room, closing the door softly and quietly.

A/N: this took place on he same night as last chapter and the chapter before as you could probably tell haha. I hope you liked it and I'm sorry there isn't much drama or context.