Chapter 1

10 years earlier.....

"Mum, Dad, I'm ready, let us go", I said to my parents when I was ready. We were going to an auction that one of my daddy's investors arranged.

"It's about time, Harley, you've made us late", my dad said angrily. We went to the car and the driver drove off.

I brought out my phone and played Candy Crush, the journey was pretty long. I had to make myself useful.

After a while, i fell asleep.

"Harley, Harley", someone poked me, I woke up and saw that I wasn't in the car anymore, we were in a dark enclosed room.

"Mum, where are we?", I asked my mum who was crying. I tried to get up, but my hands were tied down.

"Darling it's ok, we'll be out of this place soon", my mum tried to calm me down, I was still scared.

A man entered the room, wearing a mask, he was about 6 feet tall, he held a gun in his hand.

"Where the hell is your lawyer?, he was supposed to be here thirty minutes ago", he asked my dad. Lawyer? what's going on?

"He'll be here soon, please have some patience", my dad replied with a nervous tone.

"He better be, or else.....", he pointed the gun to my temples, I felt the metal pointing on my head. I screamed and passed out.

*****************

"She's waking up", I opened my eyes and noticed that I was no longer in the dark room but in an hospital

"Why am I here?", I asked the doctor.

"You were rushed here in an ambulance, but you'll be fine", she tried consoling me.

"What about my parents?".

"Dear, your parents didn't make it", she said with a glum look on her face. I stared at her for a while trying to process what she just told me.

My eyes felt heavy and I blacked out.

I found myself in an endless white space, my mum and dad standing in the emptiness.

"MUM, DAD", I hugged them.

"Harley".

"Mum, Dad, what happened? what is going on?"

"Darling, you won't be able to see us, but we want you to know that we are watching you and protecting you, we love you, you are not alone".

"Mum, Dad, What do you mean", they turned at me

"MUM, DAD, wait, wait", I tried stopping them but instead I saw myself in bed and my aunt and uncle were beside me.

"Aunt Carol, Uncle David, what's happening?", I cried.

"Oh, honey, it'll be fine", they hugged me.

A man walked in with a suitcase.

"Good day, Mr. and Mrs. Adams, I'm here on behalf of your brother's will, Mr. Paul Adams", the man brought out a piece of paper.

"If you are hearing this, I'm obviously dead, and whatever is in the will, is what I wish to be followed.

All of my companies, and eighty percent of my shares will be given to my daughter, Harley Adams when she's 25 years.