Chapter 17

We rode the Ferris, the roller coaster, and more. Mia began to open up and laugh. She was very nice and interesting

"No, I'm not riding anymore, my leg is still wobbly from the last ride".

"Ok, fine, let's have dinner, Harley your treat".

"Helen, it's always my treat".

We went to our usual restaurant.

"Miss, can we get your order?". I ordered, so did Mia and Helen.

"Mia?".

"Yeah?".

"Tomorrow, how about we look for apartments, close to my house, what do you think?". Helen and Mia looked shocked.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so we can talk more and I need your contacts".

"sure, I would love that", she gave me her number and I gave her mine.

Our orders came and we ate. I was fulfilled that I could finally give her what she deserves. She deserved much more.

I paid for our food and we left. Helen and Mia took a taxi and I took my car home.

I was so tired from today, I slumped on the couch. I opened my phone and saw a lot of missed calls and text from Lisa.

I decided to call her.

"Lisa, how are you doing?".

"I'm good, I've been seeing my doctor and taking my meds, what of you?".

"I'm fine".

"I want to come back to-".

"But you need more rest".

"But I'm fine now, really".

"Ok, if you say so, in a week you can return".

"Thank you, Miss Harley".

"Sure". I stood up from the couch, I felt a throbbing pain from my side. I leaped to the kitchen to get painkillers.

I took it and rested the couch for a while. I haven't gone through Instagram for a long time. I went to Maddison's account. I saw her and her friends in their prom outfits.

Flashback

I wear my mum's gown, I looked at myself in the mirror, I miss my parents so badly.

"Harley, come downstairs, Tyler's here". Tyler was my date. I wear my heels and went downstairs.

"Wow, Harley you looked nice", I blushed at his remark.

"Thanks, you look handsome".

I saw Maddison in her blue dress and her hair was in a bun, she looked so pretty. I felt intimidated.

Her date comes to pick her and she left before us.

"Come on, you're prettier than her", Tyler tried to cheer me up.

We entered the limo and left.

Tyler got out and came to open the door for me.

"Milady", I blushed again. I got out and we went in.

We sat down and Tyler went to meet his other friends and I was alone.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, let's start voting prom king and queen", I went to the website to nominate. I saw my name and Tyler's. WHAT?!!. I was surprised. I nominated myself and Tyler.