Chapter 39

"Uncle Paul?", I questioned myself. Maddison's dad. Aunt Carol's husband. My dad's brother. My Uncle. Thus doesn't make sense.

"Dad", Maddison was so surprised as I was. He laughed as he lit a cigar.

"Yes, you're both right", he inhaled and blew it.

"What is going on Dad?".

"I'm doing what has meant to be done for so many years", What is meant to be done?

"Uncle Paul, I have no idea what you're talking about".

"Let me break it down for you. Your dad who is my brother, from a young age, has gotten all he wanted. He was the most pampered and loved by our parents. He was the one who followed our dad to business meetings, conferences, and trips and I was the one with my mum. I always cried to her, I also wanted to go with my dad, but she only consoled me, nothing changed. When our parents died, I thought everything would be equal but nothing changed. They gave him 75% of the properties and wealth. I still kept calm. I was not financially capable at that point, I would ask him for money, one penny never came out from his pocket. He would refer me to the 25% that I got".

"I'm sure he didn't mean harm", I supported my dad.

"Harm? He was so selfish, he got married to my high school lover, which was your mother. From that point I knew he was out to get me, he always pulled my strings. I always refrained from doing anything stupid but he would push me more".

"So, what happened?", I was eager to know more.

"I got married to my current girlfriend at that time, Maddison's mum. You were born, and your dad was a little pissed that you were a girl. He wanted a boy to carry on the family business, so he planned on having another child, but his poor wife couldn't give birth. He was pissed, he wanted a male child so bad that he cheated on his wife with another man's wife, and she gave birth to a girl. He completely forgot about the child and the mother left the child at the hospital".

"If the girl is not Mia, then who?".

"Helen", I looked at her and her eyes popped open. That can't be right.

"What?!", she spoke up.

"I was also surprised when my wife brought you to our home. My brother was so selfish to the point that he didn't give a penny to the woman. I was not surprised but her husband did not take it likely. He threatened my brother, but my brother couldn't care less. When his business reached an insolvent point, I offered to help him but he declined all my help, guess what he did, as selfish as he is. He used his own daughter, and forced her into a marriage.", I closed my eyes. I didn't want to think negatively about my dad because he'll still my dad.

"Why did you kill him?", he laughed again.

"When your dad declined my help, I was pissed. I knew it was time to get what was mine. So I planned on kidnapping him and making him sign the papers, but before the lawyer could get here, the cops already came, I just had to kill them."

Someone familiar walked in making me more confused.

"Karen?!, How is she related."

"I made her date Aaron, so your marriage would be a living hell, and she also wanted money".

"and what of your pregnancy?".

"You really thought I was pregnant?" I knew she wasn't pregnant.

I sighed, I didn't know where to start thinking from.

"Why did you kidnap me?".

"You found out about Mia, it wouldn't take you hours before you add everything up", Mia told them.