Chapter 14

I woke up feeling pain on the side. A doctor was writing a report and checking my vitals.

"Miss Harley, how are you feeling?".

"A bit sore on my waist, but I'm fine", I tried sitting up.

"That's good".

"How was the surgery?, How is Lisa?".

"She's fine, the surgery went well, but she hasn't woken yet, so you can't see her now, but you can try to walk around and be stable, you'll be given some injections and drugs".

He left soon after. I tried standing up, I need a bath. I went to Lisa's formal ward to get my bags, then had my bath and changed into comfy clothes

I hope Aaron hasn't gotten home yet, I don't want to get home to his tantrums. I went back to bed to rest. I took my phone, so many calls from Helen. I wanted to call back then the nurse brought food for me to take and drugs.

The same doctor came back.

"Miss, the other patient has woken up, if you want to see her".

"Sure, thanks", He helped me to get down, I took my phone and followed him to her new ward.

"Hey, how are you feeling?". She looked surprised.

"What happened to your legs, why are you walking like that?".

"Oh, that's not important, What is more, important now is how you feel, how are you?".

"I'm fine", she forced a smile.

"You'll heal in weeks and you'll be fine, ok? Hope you've called your family?".

"No, not yet, they knew I was going on a trip, I'll call them when I can".

"Good", I was so happy that she was fine.

We talked for a while then my phone interrupted. It was from Helen.

"Harley, you have found new friends that have occupied your mind to open your phone and see my texts and calls, huh". Ohh, I forgot to check my phone knowing that she would call.

"Helen, I'm sorry, really, New York has been very stressful."

"Yeah, it's fine, so how is Lisa doing?".

"She's good, great actually, the surgery went well."

"Good, that's nice, so when are you guys coming back?".

"I really don't know, in weeks perhaps, when she heals".

"Ok, that's fine, I hope I'll still be home tho".

"Yeah, me too".

"Ok, bye, later". I cut the call and saw missed calls from Brandon and my aunt. I looked at all the messages that I missed.

"Lisa, I have to-", I looked at her and she was already asleep. I left quietly back to my ward.

I called Brandon.

"Hey, you called?".

"Harley, hi, um I called but it went to voicemail, so I went to the hotel you lodged in and they said you have signed out, Have you gone back to Cali?.

"No, I'm at the hospital, a long story".

"Really?, Which hospital?".

"It's beside the hotel, I can't recall the name".

"Ok, I'll get it, I'll be there soon". He cuts the call.

After a while, someone knocked.

"Enter", Brandon walked in with flowers. My cheeks flushed.