Chapter 19

Monday came fast, Lisa came back to work. She was healthy now and strong.

"Please come to my office", I told Lisa through the intercom. She came in with some documents.

"Miss, here", she gave me the files.

"sit down", she sat down.

"So, how are you holding up?".

"Great, good actually, Diane said the meeting with Yuan went well, they accepted our deal, those are the final papers".

"ok, I'll look at them, you can leave". Helen called me after she left.

"Hi, thought about yesterday?". I told Helen that I wanted to go see Mark.

"Yes, I'll go once I'm free".

"Ok, I'll go with you".

"Really?".

"Yeah, so text me when you're free".

"Thanks, I will". I was so happy Helen is coming with me. I was so nervous, I didn't know how he'll react to what I'll say".

I went for my meeting, then the next, then the last, I walked out of the conference room and Mr. Leonard approached me.

"I have been looking for you".

"Any problem, sir?".

"I just wanted to tell you that I have employed a new receptionist". I nodded and he left.

I went to my office and texted Helen to come meet me.

"You seem tired", she commented when she saw me.

"seem?".

"Whoa, sorry". We had lunch first before going to see him.

They brought him in the waiting room.

"How Is she?, Did she miss me? Where is she?, Is she okay?". I couldn't talk. I looked at Helen and held my hands.

"umm...she's not in a good shape".

"What, is she sick?".

"Not really, she is really hurt".

"Did she ask of me?".

"umm-".

"Answer me".

"No, she didn't but she-". He sighed.

"I knew it, she didn't love me, she never did".

"She did lo-".

"What do you know, your father cheated with her and refuse to take responsibility. He started crying. I felt bad for him. He looked broken.

"um- We have to leave", Helen and I left the station.

"well that was-". I sighed

"emotional, yeah".

"I wish his wife was okay and she missed him and all, all because of my-".

"Don't Harley, not now, not today".

There was silence in the car. I took Helen home, I had to return back to work.

"Miss, you're back". Lisa greeted me.

"Yeah, umm, please bring the files".

She followed me to my office. She dropped the files on my desk.

"Lest I forget, Lisa, I've found my sister", her face lights up.

"Really, what's her name?".

"Mia, she's really nice".