Chapter 22

"Brandon", I breathed out.

"Harley", I hugged him and he hugged back.

"I miss you so much", I muttered.

"Me too". The cold became worse and I shivered.

"Let's leave her".

We went to my car, Brandon took a taxi when coming.

We got to a bar nearby. I got down and we entered the bar.

We sat down and Brandon went to meet the bartender, brought water and beer for himself. He took off his coat and put it on me.

I muttered a 'Thank you'. He sat beside me and there was a long awkward silence.

"I hope you don't blame yourself?".

"Well, I-".

"Wait, before you downgrade yourself, let me say some things. First, it's not your fault, your parents were richer. Second, Tyler never told you they were friends, and she never did too".

I smiled, "Thanks if you say so".

I still had a hard time getting it off my system. I need something else.

"um, Brandon, Can I get a beer or shots?".

"Are you sure? that's not-".

"I know, it's not wise, just get me the shots". I sighed when he left. I don't really want to think about the repercussion.

He brought the shots and I quickly took one. It gave a funny sensation to my throat.

"Don't-", I Shushed him and gave him one. He took it and gulped it.

We talked and laughed a lot. I felt a lot better I didn't think of Tyler or Maddison. I wish I was marrying Brandon.

"Yeah. I am so wasted". I laughed. Brandon was still sober.

I tried standing up.

"Watch your steps", Brandon tried helping stand. I slipped and fell on his arm.

"You have beautiful eyes", I touched his face.

"Harley, you are-".

"Shh, shut up". I put a finger in his lips.

"Harley".

"What?".

"You're so beautiful".

I stood up and pulled his lips on mine. I enjoyed this moment knowing that I would regret it tomorrow. He pulled back.

"Harley, I wish it could work out, but you're married, I'm sorry". Fuck you, Brandon.

I became sober and started crying. I told him about me being forced to marrying Aaron.

He was silent. Did I say something wrong?

"Brandon, please say something".

"Harley, I don't know what to say".

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I-".

"I really like you, but we just have to put all of those aside". I nodded.

Brandon paid and we left the bar.

Brandon drive my car because he thought I wasn't sober enough. I told him the directions.

I got home. He parked at the garage. I saw Aaron's car. He's back.

"I have to go now, bye". I hugged him and he left, I sighed, today was such a rough day.

I went inside, I didn't see Aaron or Karen. Phew.