Chapter 33

I froze. Lisa is dead? Lisa is dead. What happened? How did it?

"Ma'am, are you okay?". Diane interrupted.

"Yeah, umm, When did it happen?".

"This morning we got the news, it must have been sent to your email".

I covered my face with my hands. How could it happen? she seemed fine. I need to see her husband.

"I need to go". I said as I stood up.

"But, ma'am, you have a meeting in an hour".

I carried my bag," Tell Mia to take over, she must have been used to it by now".

I left my office, straight to my car, and zoomed off to her house.

I sighed before I knocked on the door. An unknown person opened the door.

"Hi, you are?", her eyes were red.

"I'm, umm, I'm Lisa's boss".

"Oh, come in", she let me in.

I saw other people that I have no knowledge of. Then I saw Caleb, her husband. His eyes were red and puffy. He noticed me and came up to me.

"She didn't make it, it failed again and she-", he started crying and I hugged him and cried to. I couldn't believe she died. I did my best fucking best.

"It's gonna be okay", I said trying to calm him down.

I stayed for a while and had to leave him and his family. I was still surprised that she died, and I didn't even go to see her when she was sick.

I sat in my car and sighed. It's just unbelievable, everything seemed fine. I went straight home, I couldn't handle going back to the office.

Aaron wasn't home, I didn't have to face him. I slumped on the couch, and my phone rang. It was Maddison.

"Hey, are you at work, Can we meet for lunch?".

I cleared my throat, "sure, where?".

She told me the restaurant to meet up. I went to change into something less official and went there.

I met her there, she was awfully happy. She came up and hugged me.

"Hey", I replied her hug. We went to sit and the waitress took our orders.

"Are you fine, your eyes are really red". I didn't want to tell her anything to spoil her mood.

"No, um, it's the time of the month", I said clearly out of options.

"Oh, well, someone's meeting with us".

"Really?". I was perplexed by what she meant.

"Harley?". I turned and saw Tyler.

"Tyler, how have you been?".

"I'm great, what of you, Miss CEO or should I say Mrs. Black", he joked.

"I'm fine, why haven't you left Cali yet?".

"Well, let's just say something made me stay". He smiled at Maddison. I was confused until they kissed.

"umm, You too?".

Maddison nodded, while Tyler smiled. I was happy for them. Tyler finally found someone who loved him and Maddison got the guy she always dreamt of being with.

"I'm happy for you guys, really", I smiled and hugged Maddison.

"Let me tell you how it happened, so after that day that we all spent together. He called me surprisingly and asked to meet up. We talked about before, and we apologized to each other, and dates after dates, he asked me to be his girlfriend".