Chapter 3

"so dear, how was the date?", Aunt Carol asked me when she came back.

"bet she threw her body on him", Maddison rolled her eyes.

"It was okay, aunt". I replied.

"Aaron is such a gentleman", my aunt commented.

I nodded in response.

We talked for a while and I kept thinking about Aaron and I, how weird will this marriage be? did they think this through?

We had dinner and retired to our rooms.

I opened my phone and read psychology facts like I usually do. I updated my article on phobia, which I was writing on this website I made months ago with a fake name but with my real email.

The comments on the other articles I wrote triggered me to write more and more. I felt fulfilled, it always got my mind off all that has been happening.

I ended the article and slept off.

***************************

I woke up, did my usuals, and went downstairs for breakfast.

"She's just staying at home and living off our money", I heard Maddison say to our mother.

"Do not talk like that again", her mother scolded her.

I felt a pang on my chest, she was right, I'm just a burden, nothing less.

"Ohh, speak of the devil", Maddison said when she says sighted me. She carried her bags and keys then left the house.

"Dearie, don't mind her, she's just a child", She tried comforting me but what Maddie said was all true.

I ate in silence and guilt. I was just eating and sleeping, months from now I'll be a CEO to companies that I never sweated or worked for, ain't I just lucky?

"Darl, I talked to Aaron's mum and we both suggested that you should go live with Aaron, what do you think?", WHAT?

"Aunt, is it not too soon?", I asked.

"Dear, nothing is too soon, you'll both get married soon, why not get used to the house?", hmm, come to think of it. It's a good idea, I can get Maddison off my hair, but Aaron won't like this, for sure.

"Ok, Aunt, if you say so", I accepted.

"Good dear, you'll be moving out in two days, we'll all miss you", Maddison will surely not.

"Aunt, I'll miss you too". Aunt Carol left the house after a while and Helen was around, so I told her about the moving.

"wow, it's quick, don't you think?". She's right.

"well...I never make any decision for myself any longer".

"I'll miss you, Harley, this house would be so boring".

"I'll miss you too Helen, don't worry, I'll come by to see you, I promise", we hugged it out.

Helen has been the second Jake in my life ever since he left.

We talked for a while, then, later on, I went to pack, I came across my mum's diary, I haven't had the courage throughout the years to open the diary.

"need help?", I quickly hid the diary.

"Yeah, sure", Helen helped me pack.

"I never knew that someone this rich can be this sad", Helen said out of the blue.

I just smiled, "riches are not happiness"

"true", she nodded and smiled.

"Well, let us get back to packing then", we finished packing late, no one was home yet, so Helen and I were still hanging out.