Chapter 23

I was excited about lunch with Brandon. I have never been so excited for a long time. I still thought about Maddison and Tyler, I really wanted to see Tyler but if he wanted to see me, He would've looked, right?

I get a text from Helen that she's coming over. I was happy that I could meet with her before she leaves. Yes, Helen is leaving in two days. I was sad but happy. For her.

I danced sheepishly looking at the mirror. If I told my 15-year old self that Brandon Jones and I will kiss, or go out with him, I would have laughed for a while and told myself to 'shut up', but here I am. I could be happy and not care about no one. I can start thinking positively about myself.

I brought out the new clothes that Helen and I bought. I tried them on, looking for the best outfit. I was maybe too excited but I didn't care. I was happy. I talked back at Aaron, I finally knew why Maddison was being a bitch, and I finally kissed Brandon.

Helen texted me that she was at my door. I ran to open it, smiling.

"Ok, that's new".

"I'm going on a date with Brandon", she went silent for a while.

"Wow, I'm so happy for you", She hugged me.

We went to my room and she picked an outfit for me.

I sat on my bed, "Helen, you're leaving in a few days, or should I say 48 hours", she sighed.

She sat on my bed beside me, "You're saying it like wouldn't come back, I may be in a month or two".

"Yeah, right. You may get more offers, and buy a house there, settle down with your husband and two children, have a lawn with-".

"Harley, I will come back, ok?, I haven't even found my mum, Ok?, I'll call you, text you when I can", I nodded.

"Now, you have a date to be at, we have tomorrow to talk". I smiled.

I dressed up and she did my makeup. I got a call, Brandon, that he's at my door.

"Thanks, Helen". We went downstairs, I opened the door for him. He was wearing a white turtle neck shirt with a black pantsuit, covered with a long grey coat. He looks soooooo.

"Hi, you look", I was out of words.

"You also look". I blushed as he looked up and down.

I turned to Helen, "Brandon, this is my best friend, Helen. Helen, this is Brandon".

"Hi, Brandon, nice to meet you".

"same", She whispered 'Hot' to me.

"Are you okay, staying alone, What if Aar-".

"Don't worry, I'll leave, besides Aaron's not married to me". I rolled my eyes and went to Brandon.

We entered his 'car'.

"Brandon, you have a car in Cali?".

"Well, I bought one, I may be in Cali for a while".

"What of your job in New York".

"If you've forgotten, I'm the boss, so it's my rules". I smiled and he started the engine.

We got to a very fancy restaurant which I have never been to. He got out and helped me out. Reporters were in front of the restaurant. What is wrong with these people.

They kept questioning me about Who Brandon was. I was less bothered, I don't owe them any explanation.

We finally entered the restaurant.

"Reservation for Mr. Jones, this way please", we followed the waiter to our table.

He helped me with my chair and he sat on his. The waiter took our orders.

I was nervous. This was my first date ever. It never occurred to me that it was my first until now.

"Harley, are you good? you look flushed".

"I'm fine, it's just, God this is stupid", I sighed.

"Harley, it's fine, what?".

"This will sound literally impossible, but this is my first date". He looked so shocked.

"Wow, that's, wow, well, ok, that's fine". He smiled showing his left dimple.

The waiter came with our food. We started eating, wait...Was eating too fast? Was I drooling?, Am I making noise with my chewing?, Am I chewing too fast? Am I-

"Harley".

"Yeah?", I responded, causing food to fall from my mouth. I forgot food was in my mouth.

Brandon laughed, "Harley, it's fine, here". He handed me a napkin.

"I'm sorry, it's just that last time I was drunk, now I'm like not drunk and I'm so nervous".

"I understand, it's cool".

From that point, I realized there was no point in being nervous. We talked freely and I laughed a lot of time.

"Harley, this was nice", we were about to leave but I had this question.

"um, Brandon, Why me?".

"What?".

"Why are you going out with me?, Do you feel pity for me for liking you?".

"no Harley, The question is why not? you are pretty, smart, you feel like you don't deserve more but you do".

Tears rolled down my face, It was so nice to be loved.

We got back to his car, and he drove me back.

"Today was nice, thanks Brandon".

"My pleasure". He kissed me and I kissed back.

I got out and waved as he left. I entered my house and saw Aaron on the couch.

He looked at me with a stern face, I was terrified but I stood my ground.

"Harley, my parents want to have a word with you. They saw the news and also today's tweet". I totally forgot about his parent.

"umm, I", I was speechless.

"I told you if you want to whore around, do it privately. Now, our marriage would be fake to everyone, then Black and Adam Industries secret would be out, your companies and mine would be in jeopardy, so, please and please, do not make rash and irritating decisions all because of love, I don't want to get married to you either but it's for the company's sake, Hope I'm clear", I nodded.

He left and I was still speechless. I went to my room, confused. How could I have forgotten about business, and his parents seeing all of that? God, they must think I'm a whore. I tugged my hair in annoyance.

I called Helen for help.

"I don't know why you're making a deal, you can just explain to them, they know it's arranged, they don't expect to be in love with Aaron and you need to stop going out and kissing Brandon, in front of reporters".

"Yes, you're right, I'll just explain the situation to them, they'll understand".

"Yeah, they'll, and Have you thought of meeting Maddison, after that night?".

"Helen, why did you bring it up? I was just forgetting it. Well.....I'll see her, I guess, she'll come to my engagement party, right?".

"What of Tyler, your best friend?".

"I dunno, it'll be harder not seeing for so long, and all that Maddison said, I mean, I'm not sure if I'll be able to see him".

"You have to see him, you need an explanation".

"You're right, I do".

"Well, see you tomorrow".

"Bye Helen". I cut the call. I need a fricking break from all this.

Harley and Brandon, how cute, what do you guys think about this chapter? please vote and comment, Love y'all.