Chapter 9: First Dates and Picnics

Letting a sigh escape my lips, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. A girl with a pale purple dress that stopped just a little above her knees, the skirt was kind of flows, and her hair was lightly curled and fell down her shoulders was staring back at me. What was Greyson going to think seeing me like this? He only ever knew the tom-boy side of me... well that was basically my only side, but whatever.

It was currently 6:25, and I was so nervous. I was going on a date with my best friend... who happens to also be a freakin' pop star. And besides that, this was honestly the first real date I've gone on with someone. Excited, nervous, and scared feelings were all rushing through my body.

I ran over to my closet, looking for my flats. The whole time, I was thinking of the outcomes from this date. The main question I kept wondering, was... does this mean Greyson wants me to be his girlfriend?

I was so caught up in my thoughts I barely heard a knock on the door.

Trying to hurriedly slip on my flats, I made my way to the front door. Letting out a breath, I opened it, to find Greyson on the other side. He looked very... good. Screw it, he looked hot. (Greyson's outfit is the photo above. :3)

Greyson smiled. "Hey, Melody, you ready to- woah," he stopped mid-sentence, looking at my outfit. My cheeks felt hot. My gaze went down to my feet. "You look beautiful,"

I looked back up at him and smiled. "Thank you. You look nice as well,"

Why the hell was I talking proper?

His cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink, but he smiled again. "Ready to go?"

I nodded, walking out into the hallway, closing the door behind me. Greyson reached for my hand and entwined our fingers together. I swear, it felt as if sparks ran through his touch. What was he doing to me?

About halfway to our destination, Greyson made me close my eyes. When I asked why, he said he wanted it to be a surprise. So, basically, I'm standing here with my eyes squeezed shut and my free hand (Greyson's still holding my other hand) covering my eyes, so Greyson know positively I wasn't peeking.

"Please, can I know where we're going?" I asked. "I feel like I'm gonna run into a tree."

Greyson laughed. "Come on, I want it to be a surprise. We're almost there,"

"Just please, don't let me hit something,"

He just responded by laughing again.

We walked for what seemed like forever. My heart was beating fast in my chest, was I seriously that nervous? The song 'Today Was A Fairytale' by Taylor Swift was floating through my mind, and it fit the scenario (You should listen to that song while you read this c;).

After what felt like an eternity, Greyson finally stopped me and whispered in my ear, "We're here,"

Quickly, I removed my blindfold, and was surprised at my location. We were at the far end of the beach, no one was around, the sun was close to setting, the waves were calm. There was a picnic set up on the sand. A smile grew on my face.

"You did this for me?" I asked, turning towards him.

He shrugged. "I wanted it to be special,"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. "It's the sweetest thing a guy's ever done for me,"

Greyson's cheeks were turning pink. "You deserve the best."

I kissed his cheek, and he led me to where he set up our food. Greyson made it himself, but it wasn't really anything fancy, just sandwiches, apples, and some water. But, it was still special to me.

About a half hour later, we ended up lying on the blanket, Greyson's arm around me, my head resting against his chest. The moment was perfect. I honestly never pictured me being about to do this in my life, cuddle with Greyson Chance. Hell, I never thought I'd be able to call Greyson Chance my best friend, but I guess none of us can tell the future.

"This is perfect," I said, breaking the silence between us. Greyson pulled me closer to him.

"Exactly what I was thinking,"

I looked up at him, to find him meeting my gaze. His eyes shone in the moonlight, making me fall deeper for them. I wanted to kiss him again, but I didn't dare attempt it. Greyson pulled away from me and sat up, pulling out his iPod.

I sat up. "What are you doing?"

Greyson stood up, scrolling through something on the screen. Finally, a beautiful piano melody played from his iPod. '100 Years' by Five for Fighting. I love this song.

Greyson extended his hand. "May I have this dance?"

A smile formed on my lips. My hand reached out for his. "You may."

Greyson, after laying his iPod down on the blanket, took my hand and pulled me close to him. His hands resting around my waist, my arms found their way around his neck. We began to sway back and forth to the music. Our eyes were locked, smiles on both of our faces. It truly was a perfect moment.

Greyson spoke up. "Melody... I know you know I like you, and I don't know if you feel the same way, but I wanted to get it out there."

I smiled at him, and gently ran my fingers through his hair. "Greyson, you don't even know how much I like you,"

His face lit up, his eyes still shining brightly. "Really?"

I nodded. "For the longest time, I've had feelings for you, Greyson."

Greyson smiled. Then, he twirled me around, and we ended up back in our dancing position. The music still played through the late night air. He smiled at me, and pulled his arms away from my waist. He took my arms away from his neck, and connected out hands.

"I've been wanting to ask this for a while now," Greyson looked into my eyes. "Melody, will you be mine?"

Those words sounded like music to my ears. My heart was beating faster, and the smile on my face grew bigger.

"Of course I will,"

Greyson smiled bigger than I thought was ever possible, and connected my lips with his.

We kissed as the sunset. It truly was a Kodak moment. It was beautiful, perfect, I don't even know if I can explain it any other way. Being with Greyson was perfect.

I can't believe I can finally say it:

I'm Greyson Chance's girlfriend.