Chapter 7 x Checking Up on the Enemy

Ash had a great night with Anabel, but now, seeing as she was now very tired, Ash carried her to his car and he drove home. When he arrived home, he carried Anabel to their bed and he ran his hand through his raven black hair. Damn! Being married to the love of my life is fun. He thought, gazing at his house phone. He didn't want to, but he had to check up Calem's progress. He called the police station and an tired yet feminine voice answered him. "Hello, how may I help you?" Ash recognized the girl as Zoey, Dawn's best friend. Why is she there? Zoey isn't a police officer. Ash was immeditately worried. Did Dawn leave her there because she had something important to do? He wondered. 

"Hey, Zoey, have you heard from Dawn today?" Ash asked. Zoey perked up at hearing Ash Ketchum's voice.

"Oh, hey, Mr. Ketchum. I've heard from Dawn today, but she told me not to call her until she texted me." Zoey was honest with Ash and her words unnerved Ash slightly because it meant that Dawn had knowingly put Zoey under Ash's protection and it was that moment that Dawn had called him and Ash politely told Zoey to stay safe. He answered his cell phone.

"Hey, Mr. Ketchum, I'm sorry I am a little late telling you, but Calem caused a riot in the prison. I've just stopped Calem himself from escaping." Dawn tells Ash, her breathing uneven. Ash furrowed his eyebrows. What the hell? He's trying to escape already? Ash was even more worried and enraged. It has been a year since Calem was arrested and he was trying to test his nerves now! Ash gritted his teeth, snarling a little. 

"It's fine. I was worried because Zoey answered instead of you." Ash tells Dawn. Dawn tried to calm down Ash.

"I won't put her in danger. No need to worry." Dawn says as she told Ash bye so she could call Zoey. Ash stared at his phone.

"That's when I worry most." He spoke, sighing in somewhat relief at Dawn stopping Calem from escaping. He put his phone on the charger and he laid when Anabel, holding her closer to his bare chest. The next morning, Ash stretched out his muscles and he got up. He was still shirtless, but he didn't care at the moment. He went downstairs to find Delia and Anabel having a conversation. "Good morning." Ash greeted to two women. 

"Morning, Ash." Delia responded. 

"Morning, darling." Anabel greeted. Delia turned to gaze at Ash's eyes. He still had bags under his eyes. 

"Ash, what happened last night?" Delia asked. Ash groaned as he rubbed his eyes. 

"I called the police station to see how Calem was doing and Dawn told me that he caused a riot and attempted to escape." Ash was honest with the two most important people in his life. Delia groaned from anger while Anabel was immediately as her arm went around her belly.

"He won't be able to, will he?" Anabel asked Ash. Ash knew that he had worried Anabel and he hated himself for worrying her. 

"No and even if he does, I'll kill him." Ash tells Anabel, who was still worried about the fact that Calem could still escape if he wanted to. Anabel then remembered that too much stress was bad for the two babies she was carrying and she rubbed her stomach to comfort herself. She relaxed as Ash pulled her into his lap. "Don't worry too much, Cutie. I'll keep you safe." Ash reassures Anabel, tangling his hand in her lilac-colored hair.