Chapter 8 x Trouble Arises

As Ash eases Anabel's worries, bullets starting sounding outside of the house. Anabel screamed from the shock of hearing flying bullets. Ash grabbed his pistol from his back pocket and he went to put on a black shirt with a blue hoodie. He kissed Anabel on the lips and he kissed Delia on the cheek. "Mom, take Anabel to the safe house!" Ash shouted as he cocked his pistol. Delia ushered Anabel to the safe house, which was the basement. Jessie and James were already there with their little baby daughter who looked just like James. The baby coo happily as Delia lifted the child in her arms. Jessie smiled a thank-you smile at Delia and Delia smiled back and nodded. Jessie and James went to support their boss and when they left, bullets start being shot again. As they heard guns going off, they could hear wild curses and shouts about injuries. "Fuck!" They heard Ash angrily shouted. This made Anabel worry as Ash only curses when something enrages him. This made her rub her stomach to comfort herself as she gazed down at her belly. 

"Don't worry. Mommy and Daddy will protect you." Anabel swore as she spoke to her belly. She then felt a kick, causing her to giggle in happiness. They kicked! Anabel was extremely happy, but she felt sad because Ash had missed their first kick. Damn! She thought in frustration. Delia noticed the way Anabel was looking and she sighed. The kids must've kicked. I bet Ash would have been so happy to feel their kids first kick. Delia thought as she gazed around the basement. She wanted to help, but she was helping by holding James and Jessie's baby girl. Delia hugged the baby closer to her, but not enough to suffocate the small child. The baby then started to wail from all of the loud noises and Delia cursed. She started to rock the frightened child, whispering a soft lullaby that Delia heard Jessie singing to the baby girl. When the baby girl recognized the lullaby, she quieted down and Delia smiled at the small girl. 

"Fucking shit!" Ash ran down into the basement, bleeding profoundly. Anabel and Delia stared at him in horror as they stared at his stomach. His hoodie and black shirt had a slash in them, making a large wound in Ash's stomach. Anabel saw the blood pouring out of her husband and she felt faint. Delia turned to Anabel and she started to calm the young mother down. 

"Calm down, Bel. Ash needs a doctor. Go call Dr. Fennel. Call her and Professor Juniper down here." Delia softly ordered Anabel, who snapped out of her panic when she heard Delia say that Ash needed a doctor. 

"Yes, ma'am." Anabel went upstairs to grab her cell phone. She had logged Dr. Fennel's phone number just in case she would ever need her. She clicked on her number and she put the small device near her phone, her whole body shaking. 

"Hello?" Dr. Fennel's voice answered and Anabel started to cry out of relief. "Anabel? What's wrong, Anabel?" Dr. Fennel was worried. 

"It's Ash! He's bleeding heavily! I, no, we need you to come!" Anabel begged Dr. Fennel. The woman then smiled at being useful to the big man himself. 

"Of course! We'll be there soon." Dr. Fennel promised Anabel, making relax at her friendly voice. "Aurea! Ash needs us!" She shouted as she called out to her lover. 

"Alright! Let's go help a fucker out!" Aurea shouted as she leaped down the stairs, landing perfectly on her two feet. She ran to her jeep with her keys in her mouth while Dr. Fennel was shocked at the fact that Aurea had her car keys in her teeth. She then decided that Aurea having her keys in her teeth wasn't the weirdest thing she caught Aurea doing. She then ran out of her office when she heard Aurea crank up her jeep. Dr. Fennel grabbed her bag before she left out of the door. She ran to the jeep and Aurea pulled her in. "Hold on tight, babe!" Aurea warns Dr. Fennel and she pressed on the gas, leaving the city of Viridian and heading to Pallet Town.

When they got to Pallet Town, they saw a very distraught Anabel Ketchum. Aurea stopped her jeep and Dr. Fennel kissed Aurea and she went with Anabel to go tend to Ash. Aurea scoffed, knowing that she wasn't going to just stay in her car. She turned off her car and when she attempted to enter the home of the lovely couple. However, in her way, was a group of people holding guns at her.