Chapter 18 x Pike Queen Lucy Part 4

Aurea was showing signs of getting worse. Her eyes turned even more deranged, but this time the anger had disappeared. However, her gaze towards Dr. Fennel unnerved Lucy slightly as she could tell what made Aurea lose her mind without Dr. Fennel even telling her. She breathed in a lot of air as she turned to Dr. Fennel. "I'm sorry, but I have to subdue her now if she has any chance of surviving." Lucy tells Dr. Fennel.

"Do you have to shoot her to stop her?" She asked Lucy.

"No, but at the rate she's going, I will soon." Lucy answered Dr. Fennel with a soft tone. Anabel went closer to Ash as Aurea started to make her move. Ash held onto Anabel as Aurea started to stand up. However, her posture was crooked as her head was lowered and she raised up her eyes, glaring at the people occupying the room.

Lucy cursed and she raised her pistol as protection. Dr. Fennel stopped trying to get Lucy to change her mind as Aurea started to walk towards them. "Graze her in her leg!" Dr. Fennel panicked as Aurea wasn't talking, but she was breathing very heavily.

Lucy agreed to that and she asked her gun at Aurea. Aurea stopped as she knew that Lucy was going to shoot at her. Aurea wasn't pleased with that idea as she ran at Lucy. Anabel and Dr. Fennel screamed at the sight of Aurea running towards Lucy. "Stop her!" Ash's shout had gotten Lucy to get over her shock and Lucy shot her gun.

The bullet lodged itself into Aurea's leg and Aurea lurched forward. She staggered, but didn't fall. Dr. Fennel noticed that the bullet was even a bullet at all. It was a tranquilizer dart, which made Dr. Fennel gazed at Lucy's gun. It wasn't the same pistol she was holding before. It was a tranquillizer gun and the sight of it made Dr. Fennel sigh in relief. "Your worry for her is so powerful and I didn't really have the heart to shoot a mentally ill person." Lucy tells Dr. Fennel. They watched as Aurea collapsed into a very long nap that was well needed for her body.