welcome to my nightmare

I was laying on the cold ground, unable to move. The air was freezing as it was already winter and there was a thin layer of snow everywhere you laid eyes upon. The cold wind howled, biting my exposed skin, but my insides were almost burning, feeling hot. Everything inside of me was on fire.

The metallic taste of blood filled my mouth after accidentally biting the inside of my cheek, roughly. It was hard to even breathe as my lungs felt like they were getting smaller with every time I inhaled the toxic, almost venomous air around me.

It felt like my heart was inside my head. I could feel every beat next to my ear, making my head ache even more. The scratches and cuts on my legs and arms felt like they were getting deeper and deeper when time passed, as if someone was digging their acute nails inside my flesh. My body felt weak.

All I could think about was death. At this point I wanted to die, not being able to handle the pain I was in. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself with the darkness and void now surrounding me. It only made me focus even harder to the throbbing pain in every inch of my body.

I opened my eyes again and looked to the side, just to see that the snow around me wasn't white anymore, but rather crimson. It made me a bit disgusted, as I wasn't sure where the blood came from, or rather I wasn't sure which part of my body it had escaped from. I tried to look more at my surroundings with my blurry vision, but it only made me feel dizzier.

My skull felt like it was shattered to pieces, barely keeping me conscious. It hurt like hell, and I just wished that everything would be alright soon. My limbs started slowly feeling numb, along with my fingertips, which strangely made me feel a sense of euphoria. Now my focus was on the numbness, rather than the pain.

I closed my eyes once again, as I finally started losing my consciousness.
Before falling into a deep slumber, I could hear the faint sounds of sirens  getting closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song: Welcome To My Nightmare, by Alice Cooper

'Welcome to my nightmare
I think you're gonna like it
I think you're gonna feel you belong'