boys will be boys

"I'm taking you on a date, and I wont take 'no' as an answer."

That information was sudden as the words left Felix's mouth. He wasn't even looking at me while saying it, but rather at the television that was playing commercials infront of us.

I knew that I was blushing, so I didn't dare to look in his direction.

"Sure. When though?"

This still felt odd, since at the moment I viewed Felix more as a brother than a boyfriend.

"In two hours."

"What are we gonna do?"

"We'll go watch a movie and after that we'll go to this restaraunt that's close to the movie theater."

"Sounds good."

I finally looked at him and smiled.
He was blushing and avoiding my eyes. I just chuckled a bit at his cuteness and put my focus back on the television.

- - -

Two hours went by fast, as it was already time for our date.

I was pretty excited, because I haven't done much during the time I've been here. So far some of the events that have taken place here have been almost traumatizing, so it was nice to let go of that worry for a moment.

Stepping out of the house, Felix took my hand in his. It made me smile instantly.

We were walking hand in hand to the movie theater, since it wasn't far away from our apartment.

"We're going to see the movie 'The Breakfast Club'."

"I haven't heard of it. Have you seen it? Is it good?"

"Yes. The movie holds a very special place in my heart."

"Why?"

"It was the first movie we went to see together as an official couple. It was our first proper date."

Felix looked at me and smiled sadly. I stopped in my tracks and just stared at him.

My head started to hurt when sudden memories of the movie started kicking in. I remembered how I was leaning my head against his shoulder during the movie.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, sorry. Let's go."

And so we continued our walk to the movie theater.

- - -

During the movie, Felix put his hand on top of mine. I turned my head, just to see that his eyes were glossy. It looked like he was about to cry again.

I don't know what was going on inside his head all the time, to make him feel like this. I don't want to see him sad, on the verge of tears all the time, because it really did break my heart.

I could only assume that it was my fault.

He's taking my memoryloss, me breaking up with him and my actions harshly. Not to even mention the note I'd apparently left him.

It's totally understandable why he would react with sadness to everything that has been going on.

"You know...Sometimes I feel like you aren't even there. It's like you're not real, as if you were a ghost. You've changed, but I still can't help and love you."

His whispered words caught me off guard and honestly made me extremely confused. Felix bit his lower lip and looked at his lap. It was obvious that he was fighting back tears.

I squeezed his hand.

"See? I'm here. I'm real."

I wasn't sure what to do, but I hoped that those words would make him feel better even the slightest. I didn't focus on the movie at all anymore, as it felt like me and Felix were the only people on the planet.

Nothing else mattered.

He first looked at our interwined fingers and after that stared deeply into my eyes, waking up something new inside of me. Soon his gaze trailed down to my lips.

Feeling suddenly flustered, I turned my attention back on the movie, failing miserably. All my thoughts were surrounded by the male next to me.

"I'm sorry for everything I've put you through."

The words rolled smoothly off my tongue, as I meant it with my whole heart. Felix didn't deserve the pain.

He had suffered enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song: Boys Will Be Boys, by Benny

'Cause if boys will be boys
And we do the best that we can
Cover for our brothers while we suffer from our own hands'