dead to me

I had been in the hospital for what felt like forever now. I was getting sick of just laying here, not being able to move much because of my sore limbs.

In reality, I've probably been here for  about twelve hours, but it still felt like a long while, as I despised this place. I just sighed and looked at the ceiling as if it was the most interesting thing I'd ever seen.

I still had a headache, and the nurse told me to sleep and rest, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. Yes, I was tired, my body was tired, but my brain just couldn't calm itself with the racing thoughts. It was still difficult to know, that years of your life has gone to waste and now you'd have to start all over again.

I heard the door open again, expecting it to be a nurse. To my suprise, it was something else.

"Oh my god."

I could hear these words being whispered, before the stranger who entered, came and hugged me. I got a bit startled and didn't know what to do. I just stayed still, not wanting to hug an unknown person. My arms hurt anyways.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you, Changbin! I was so fucking worried."

The male infront of me started wiping away tears that were escaping from his eyes.

After seconds passed, he looked at me with those same glossy eyes while smiling. I felt overwhelmed and had no idea what to do in this situation.

"Sorry, but I have no idea who you are."

I said, feeling awkward. His face dropped and the smile he had before was nowhere to be seen. His lower lip started trembling and there were more tears falling down his cheeks.

He covered his face with his hands, and let out loud sobs. They sounded almost painful.

"I'm sorry for being such a crybaby."

He turned away from me, now hiding his face completely from me. I felt so much sympathy for him in that moment, but I just couldn't say anything. After some time the male turned around and faced me again. His eyes were red and puffy, which made me feel bad.

"I'm Felix. Your boyfriend."

I looked at him with wide eyes. Now I felt really bad for not remembering him. The freckled male named Felix kept giving me a sad smile, as he clearly seemed to still hold back tears and sobs.

"I'm so sorry for not remembering you, Felix. I hit my head."

I looked at the ceiling again, trying to ignore the snifflings from the male next to me. Hearing them made me feel horrible.

"I'm just glad that you're alive."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song: Dead to me, by blackbear

'Six feet under the ground, you turned it around on me
And left me with the cold pillow on your side
No phone call, didn't write
Wrong place, wrong time, let it die'