Chapter 16

Chapter 16

*5 months later*

Today was my one day off work, I planned on staying home and maybe cleaning the place up a little. When I lost Juliette I dropped out of school, there was no need to stay after her. Plus everything there reminded me of her, everyday I'd pass her old locker. I could almost smell her perfume in the air. God I miss her. I slumped down in the couch when there was a knock on the door, Mali isn't supposed to be home til later. I walked over to the door swinging it open. Standing there was a girl, She had red curly hair, that fell everywhere. She turned and our eyes met, her green eyes drilled into my soul, green eyes I would never forget. "Calum?" She whispered. "Juliette." I stepped toward her slowly like this was some twisted dream, until she ran into me. My arms instantly wrapped around her, an act that I hadn't felt in so long. She stood on her toes and wrapped her arms loosely around my neck. He body fit perfectly into mine, every curve every part perfectly in it's place. I turned my head down placing my chin on her head, "I thought you were dead." She pulled back looking at me and then grabbed my hand, leading me into the living room. "I-I don't understand Juliette." I stuttered. I sat down on the couch and she followed curling up close in my side. "Is this some twisted dream." I said worried. "No, I'm here. I was never gone." She whispered. "What?" "After I realized you cared, I wanted to leave. Because I needed you just like I needed Aaron and Lane, I couldn't lose you like I lost them. So I went to leave I bought my ticket and everything, I got in the plane then realized how stupid I was. I got off the plane and slept at a hotel for a couple weeks. I never heard about the plane crash, I didn't know that the plane I was supposed to be on crashed. Until, yesterday. That's when I realized that I should have been on that plane. But I wasn't. Because I was thinking of you. I couldn't leave you. Because me trying not to hurt you and leaving would have just hurt you more. So I came here as fast as possible to tell you. That I'm okay." She placed her head in my chest and took a deep breath, "Cal I'm so sorry." She mumbled. "It's okay, your here now and that's all that matters." I pulled her into my arms, and brushed a curly red strand from her face. "I'm never letting you go again." She just smiled, God I missed that smile. I thought I would never see those dimples again, "Cal?" "Yeah?" "Do you want to Runaway with me?".