Chapter 11

Chapter 11

When I woke up Calum was gone, but there was a note on the nightstand. 'Had to go, didn't wanna wake you. Your cute when you sleep. -Love Cal.'. I stood up, picking up Cal's shirt from last night off the floor and slipping it on. I walked into the kitchen finding some cereal and pouring a bowl. Today I needed to go home and pick up my stuff and talk to my parents because there was no way I was going to live with them. I also need to talk to Cal, I don't wanna go home but I don't have a place to stay. Also what about school, people probably heard about what happened and it'll never be the same. I placed my bowl in the sink, causing a tower of bowls and plates to fall to the bottom of the sink. I slipped on a new one of Cal's shirts throwing the other one in the dirty clothes. I grabbed a couple things and headed to my house great. This will be great. I walked to the door placing my hand on the knob, when it turned in my hand. I jumped back as Cal opened the door from the other side, "Hey sleepy, where you going?", "Cal, you scared me. Come sit down we need to talk." I smiled to let him know it was nothing bad. I walked over to the couch, Cal was close behind. I sat down and he sat down next to me placing his hand on my thigh. "What's wrong?" He asked, his sad eyes pleading for an answer. "Okay, we'll I really can't go home. They are just gonna call me crazy and take me to a million therapists and doctors to try and gain back the old me. But they need to realize the old me died with my brothers. Cal I don't know what to do, I can't go back there, and I can't live here." A silent tear fell from my eyes and I pressed my head into Cal's chest. He patted my back and ran his fingers through my hair, telling me it's gonna be okay. "What if we get married and run away?" He mumbled. "What?" I asked. "Run away, get married." I looked at him, he was really thinking about it. "Cal, you can't. You have so much to live for here, and your sister. What would Mail do without you. She would fall apart. You can't want to marry me, you can't love me. Nobody does." I said standing up. "I should go." I grabbed my bag off the table. Cal grabbed my wrist, "Juliette, no wait." I pulled my hand out of his grasp and headed toward the door, the tears blocking all of my vision. I grabbed the door knob and ran out of the apartment. It was pouring, but I ran out of there. I can't stay with Cal, he actually cares about me. Nobody cares about me, everyone who cares about me dies. Calum can't die he has so much to live for, a sister and he is smart he could have a good job. He can't be drug down by me. I ran until I got to a bench, I sat down in the bench the cool rain soaking me from head to toe. I pulled my knees to my chest and cried.