Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I woke up in a hospital room, with my parents on my right and Cal on my left clutched to my hand, like he wouldn't let go even if it was on fire. He looked up at me, his big brown eyes meeting my gaze, I was alive, "Juliette?" He whispered. "Yeah." I responded. He didn't say anything he just pulled my hand to his mouth and kissed it, I felt his warm tears hit it. "Don't ever do that to me again." He whispered. I smiled. Calum Hood saved my life, in a way I was happy I still had him but I didn't want to go back to school. Not after all of this with Zayn and my scars. "Jules, why did you do this?" My mom asked. "Mom, you not going to understand even if I explain it to you. Why should I even try?" I asked. She smiled at me, that fake smile she always had, then walked out of the room followed closely by my father. Leaving me and Cal, "Why did you save me?" "What did you want me to do? Let you die?" He responded. "Kind of yeah." "We'll no can do." He responded with a smile, a genuine one.Calum grabbed both my hands in his, sitting me up in the hospital bed. "I know it's hard Juliette, but you gotta hang in there. A little deeper and I would have lost you, er I mean we." He blushed. "Cal, it's just so hard." My words broke my voice getting hitched in my throat. He climbed onto the small bed with me, laying down on it. He patted his chest for me to place my head on, I curled up laying my head on his chest. I felt his hand lay on my back and side as he rubbed my back in small circles calming me down. "You never told me your story." I said. "What do you mean?" "I told you about my brothers. Tell me about you."I explained. "Do you really wan to know?" He raised an eyebrow. "Yes I do." "Well, I'll tell you. Just not now." He smiled. "I promise I'll tell you later, but right now I just want to make sure your okay.". He picked up his other hand and started to run it through my hair.