Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I came back to my house at about 1 in the morning, my parents couldn't know I was in. I ran upstairs and grabbed the things that I needed. Phone, charger, all of the money I had, Aaron and Lanes dog tags, and a couple other things. I grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down a note, 'it's time I do this. I'm leaving. Tell Cal, I love him and he will find someone so much better than me. I can't afford for something to happen to him. Everyone I care about dies and he has so much to live for. Mom and Dad, please stop fighting. I know everything isn't all right. And I have for years. Don't come looking for me because I'm not the old Juliette anymore, she died with Aaron and Lane. Goodbye.' I ran down the stairs and set the note on the counter, then took all the money out of my dad's wallet. Walked to the bus stop right when the bus got there, it was empty, "Where to Little Lady?" The driver asked. "The airport." I replied taking a seat in the bus. When we arrived I walked up to the counter and bought the first ticket to Australia. I need a fresh start. "The next flight is in about an hour, at Terminal A 37." "I'll take it." I said sliding the lady the money. She slid a ticket back to me. I took my seat in the terminal. "I'm ready" I breathed.