13| a friend

WARNING

Please read at your own discretion.

— FOREWORD —

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share! Thank you so much for reading! Lately, I've been having some confidence issues as far as my writing goes, I know my writing isn't the best but I wanna strive to be better.

One thing I've always struggled with is making decent plot lines, but this story has been a huge learning experience for me! Sorry if anything is confusing or doesn't add up, I've tried some new things and I'm really proud of how far I've come. There was a time when I didn't even have plots at all, I just wrote characters down on paper and didn't know where to go from there.

I just say that to say, if you want to be a writer, don't get discouraged—it's very easy to. Nothing is going to be perfect, and don't look at other pieces as intimidation, allow yourself to learn from others, and then form your own style!

Wattpad is cool for that, I know it's changed a lot over the years but the basis of the platform still stands, for the most part. You can learn from others, and heed any advice, respectfully, all while doing what you enjoy doing!

Hope you all are doing well during these crazy times! Feedback is always welcome, so long as it's respectful!

Also, side note, I'm lowkey so sad that I had to lower the quality of my gif banners but that's the only way I could upload them :,) but just look at my precious babies <3

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[ PRESENT ]| UPSTATE, NEW YORK |

[ PRESENT ]
| UPSTATE, NEW YORK |

"You did what?" Steve closed his eyes, unsure if he'd heard correctly. Despite trying to keep himself unwound, the man was failing miserably. He exhaled, waiting impatiently for a response from the man with which he shared the room. The pair had done quite well, up until this very moment.

Stark strutted across the room, stopping in front of the table. He carried a plastic bag full of frozen purple grapes. As he collected his thoughts, he casually plopped a few into his mouth, barely paying mind to the super-soldier sat across him that had started to question his better judgment.

Congregating in one of the secluded meeting rooms in the upstate NY facility, Steve felt uncomfortable. As if he no longer belonged in the building. Of course, it could've just been his nerves from months on the run, but he couldn't dismiss from his mind just how different things felt now that he'd returned.