17 | the hard choice

WARNING

Please read at your own discretion. This chapter contains MATURE content.

— FOREWORD —

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[ PRESENT ]

[ PRESENT ]

| UPSTATE NEW YORK, AVENGERS COMPOUND |

Wanda was able to cast a cloak over the family, enough to where Vossly wouldn't be able to see any of the families minds as they spoke. Once they left the room, any memories associated with this moment, would leave them in the event Vossly tried to pick at the Scarlet Witch's hold.  Fortunately for them, this was the easiest of her tasks for the day.

"We have something very difficult to tell you," Wanda began, "things about your brother that will be hard to hear, and even harder to process."

The children sat around, looking curiously as the Avengers stood around them in all their glory. Hayden and Haven were instructed to be quiet by Layla's shushing, while Liam and Anne waited for the news they knew they couldn't make go away.

Liam spoke up, "We know. Our brother hasn't been himself for a long time," Liam had been young, but he was far from naive.

"Are we sure that this is a collective family talk?" Sam wanted to intervene, but Anne nodded, giving her permission.

"We're a unit. Anything concerning our brother concerns all of us."

Each of the Avengers felt their hearts ache for the family's situation, but they all knew that they would have to proceed despite how sad it was. They allowed the silence for a moment, before beginning.

"I need to get into your mind in order to trace him and get him out of your heads. Your brother has been manipulating you all with his abilities. He's been doing terrible things, and with nearly each and every one of you, he has left a trail behind. I can sense it, without even a glimpse inside your heads. I have powers that are very similar to his, however I do not want to manipulate you or frighten you. I want to free you of his burdens. I want to help you create walls to keep him out. For good. But in order to do that I need each of your permissions."

They all looked around at each other with their brows furrowed.

"Hey, we'll all be here to ensure everything is safe," Steve interjected, noticing their apprehensive looks.