16| the only option

WARNING

Please read at your own discretion.

— FOREWORD —

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[ PRESENT ] | UPSTATE , NEW YORK |

[ PRESENT ]
| UPSTATE , NEW YORK |

"Maybe we're looking at this all wrong. He's predictable. He's baiting for revenge, right? We've got motive. He's after me. It's pretty predictable when you put it that way," Devina sighed.

"Predictable in his desire for hurting you yeah, but what does that tell us about how he'd do it? Clearly he wants you to suffer. Otherwise I'm sure we wouldn't be here today. He's had ample opportunities," Sam considered.

Everyone looked around, it was dark but definitely true. If he wanted her dead, they all knew he would've tried already. So why was he keeping her around still?

Devina shrugged.

"How's the signature search going, by the way?" Sam turned to Wanda, who had her eyes nearly closed.

"Well, every person that he "erased" the memories of, I've been able to recover. Vossly can't erase memories, he just fogs them. Like placing a veil over what he wants hidden."

"Elaborate for us. How does that give us the upper hand?" Tony insisted.

Wanda fought rolling her eyes, "He left a trail, and I've picked up on it. I think I can figure out what he's planning, or at least an idea. He thinks I'm only trying to get him out of our heads. He's on defense, so while he's busy fending off my mental attacks, I can look into what he doesn't want found out."

"That's great. Alright, I spoke with Shuri. She was able to construct a strong enough device to polarize Vossly's abilities similar to the cell they were holding him in. They're flying it over. Shouldn't be long now," Cap relayed to the rest of the team in the room.

Tony sucked his teeth, "Shuri really is something. Would've loved to have been able to bounce ideas off of her."

"Yeah, she's the best," Devina smiled to herself, recalling the good memories they'd shared together.

"Did you ever hear from Thor?" Natasha perked up, with her chin resting against her hand.

"Guy's the same as always. Chasing adventure across the cosmos."