15| actual evidence

WARNING

Please read at your own discretion.

— FOREWORD —

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[ PRESENT ]| UPSTATE, NEW YORK |

[ PRESENT ]
| UPSTATE, NEW YORK |

"Don't be mad."

"I can't control my reaction when you say that-"

"Vossly escaped."

"Are you serious, Tony!?" He paused, looking up with those full blue eyes on display.

"Please tell me you're joking," Steve looked hopeless. "Because haha, that's really funny, and if you weren't I would just like to let you know that that would not be funny."

"I really wish I could tell you I was, but I got general Ross involved and Vossly took down twenty of his men like they were nothing."

"That's the last thing I needed to hear today," Steve's face fell into his hand.

"I'm sorry, but I've got no intel on your stalker. The family didn't even have a clue why they were in cells to begin with. If Ross finds out I did all of this to help my good friends the UN criminals, it won't just be your ass on the line-"

"So much for single-handedly," Wanda piped in, frowning at Stark as she waltzed into the room with her arms crossed.

"How does something like this even happen," Tony says into his hands, not noticing Devina standing behind him with tears in her eyes.

"He gets in people's heads. He got in yours. Made you feel like you might've had the upper hand for just a second before he ripped the rug from underneath you. It's how he got in Wanda's, and how he got in mine," Devina wiped her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Devina-"

"Uh-uh. No apologies, Stark."

Steve reached for her but she brushes his hand off gently. "I'm fine."

"You mentioned his family?" Steve took a seat, trying not to show how much it pained him to to be brushed off, even knowing she couldn't have meant anything by it.

"Yeah, I figured protective custody would be the best course of action," Tony admitted.

"Smart," Nat walked in, clearly all caught up.