38. Answers

Hey guys and gals, I hope you are having a fantastic day and enjoying that sunshineeeeee 

I kinda love summer, don't you? (Also remember to wear sunscreen and cover up from that giant ball of fire in the sky tryna kill your skin.  I know, I hate sunscreen too, but skin cancer is crappy) 

On THAT lovely and very random note, enjoy: 

________________________________________________________________________________

I nervously tap my fingers against the steering wheel as I pull into the open gates by the Hawks' house. My head is pounding louder than my heart.

I've been stressing so much about this. Last night I couldn't sleep. I stayed up thinking, worrying, vomiting out of nervousness, and I've almost pulled the car over a dozen times for the same reason today. My massive migraine isn't making me feel any better either.

It doesn't seem likely, but I know the fact is that us being together HAS helped out his business. I swallow down the vomit that's trying to escape again. No, it can't be true. Last night was amazing. People don't just go meet crazy mothers and chill wash dishes when they're a guest. Being with him is just so fun, that I just can't see him betraying me like that, but I don't know what to think.

I smoothly park, and fix my hair, making sure I look presentable, breathing in and out to calm my queasy stomach.

I open the door and it loudly bangs against the wall. The men in the sitting area point their guns at me, and even Thorn's hand is against his waistband.

"Merda. Sorry guys. I gotta remember to knock. Didn't y'all see me pull in?"

"Maybe if you didn't burst in like a madwoman every time, we wouldn't get so trigger happy." Chase mutters.

"Sorry. I need to talk to Ja-JT."

"Office." One of the boys gestures with his head, focused on trimming his nails with his knife. I should be weirded out but by now, I'm used to it.

"Yeah." I turn and head in that direction, hearing them yell behind me to knock first.

I stand in front of the door biting my lip. Sometimes it's better to not know, right?

"You gonna walk in or not?" A voice says from behind me.

I turn. It's Magdalene, one of the wives that lives here. In the short time that I've known her, we have become fast friends. She came over to our house for the Fourth of July party, and helped us win against the boys in capture the flag. I'm sad to know that if I let Jake go, I may be letting go all of these people, too.

"What do you mean, Mag?"

"Darlin. You've been staring at that door for minutes." She gestures to the door that says BOSS on the door in big bold print.

"Oh. Who's he talking to?"

"Probably Keila on the phone. Just go in, girl. You have a pussy between your legs. You don't need to be one." (my favorite  quote of  all time) 

"Yeah. I know. Okay. I'll do it."

She gives me an encouraging smirk and continues on her way. I take a deep breath and open the door a crack.

"Yeah. Come in." He doesn't really even turn around. "One minute, okay?"

I sit down on the leather couch.

"Wait. What? Really? I knew we'd been busy but..." he drifts off and plants both feet on the floor, still listening to the phone pressed against his ear. He looks at me and smiles. "Hmm? What? Yeah. I'm still here, Keils."