Chapter 9 - Manners

My friends and roommate were smoking by the pool and I went down towards them. Walking down the stairs I spot a family walking up and damn their daughter looked so fun and I was so glad to have just taken a bath. She wore denim shorts, a grey jacket and black boots and she got pretty eyes and she had a rose calyx in her hair. I figured that they'd be staying so I proceeded to the pool and when I got there Emma stared at me which was obnoxious but she eventually stopped staring.

"So again? What's up with you two?" asked Liam.

"Nothing" responded Emma.

"So last night?" asked Noah.

"Nothing, again"

Liam passed everyone a joint and we lit it up and we relaxed, with our feet in the water and some weird loud cacophonies of screams. I had to do it, it was so much fun as we screamed at the thought that we were singing off-key and all the laughing made it fun. We laid down and started making music, I made a baseline, Noah made flangy melodious, Liam made the beat and Emma was singing random things about the trip, and getting high with us.

Its 3AM, I wanna call you

So we can talk about the stars

Baby girl cry if you need to

Would you lie in my arms?

Is it too late for me to love you?

We all got hungry, fast so we decided to drive out to get a lot of snacks and food. Emma went up to get the car keys and the all luxuries we had left so we went to the car. I saw the girl walking towards a car next to the diner across the road from the guest house. Noah dared me to run to her and just ask for her name at least and to meet up later. So I crossed the street to speak to her and I lit a cigarette just to ease the pressure. As soon as I got to her, she asked me for a smoke so we started talking.

"I saw you by the pool with your friends, is this like a getaway or..."

"Yeah something like that, but we met the girl on our trip so..."

"Oh cool, I'm Anita"

"Aubrey, so you with your fam?"

"Yeah, family trip?"

"Yeah, my dad thought it would be cool if we bonded"

"Cool dad, we ran away because of my dad, Noah's pressure at school, uh Liam's home problems and well Emma's problems"

Her brother started calling for her to get her breakfast and she made a gesture back.

"Later?"

"Sure, we got movies, booze and food so Room 13"

I stumbled back to the car to find Emma there with the guys cheering so now Noah owes me a dare so yeah I was ecstatic. So we all hopped in the car and we start talking about types of movies, we all were comfortable and high enough for one another so we Emma asked us questions...

"Name one movie you cry to?"

"Titanic" responded Liam.

"The Notebook" responded Noah.

"Good Deeds" I responded.

"Uhm, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, movie that makes you laugh the most?"

"Nutty Professor" responded Noah.

"Little Man" responded Liam.

She said "Horrible Bosses"

"Martin Lawrence" I responded and the rest of the guys just looked at me.

"That is not a movie" all of them shouted.

"Well then pick a Martin Lawrence movie that is not as funny as the next one" and I started laughing reflecting to some of his movies, try reflecting to National Security. That created an awkward moment and everyone looked back at the road and Emma increased the volume on the radio. I borrowed Emma's book because I had an idea of a song I wanted her to sing later.

"Hey guys do you mind if we buy a guitar?"

They all agreed and I started writing the song, beautiful, beautiful song that shows dreams, stars and hope. Emma wanted to join on the writing so she came over to the back, either that or she just didn't trust me with her journal. She didn't even ask what the song is about but she started writing something really good. Suddenly I got a warm feeling and goose bumps. Noah switched his rear mirror to see what was happening between me and Emma. I spoke to her about what we are, where we're going and what not. So she told me nothing was going on, which didn't explain the sex and all the kissing that had been going on. Since the guys heard her response they started talking about the new girl and how hot she is. I told them about Anita but I sensed that maybe Emma didn't like what she was hearing so I decide to contrast Anita. I said bad things about her which made Emma a bit relaxed but then again, the guys made it weird by asking about our late night meet up. But we eventually got to the store, I went to get the trolley and Emma hopped in and we started the snack hunt. We cruised down the chip aisle and grabbed everything, we went to the bakery to get some pies and all the chocolate we could get. We rolled the cart to the liquor aisle and got a lot of bottles for the night then we checked and proceeded back to the car. On our way back to the car Emma jumped out of the cart and started hugging me from behind. She got all playful and cute and I thought maybe entertaining her a bit would be fun, we started playing tag with the cart. When we got to the car she jumped on the trunk blocking me from opening it so I grabbed her by the waist and she wrapped her legs around my waist. We then started kissing and rolling on the car, then Liam and Noah decided to start to. So I stopped and hopped back into the backseat and tried my best looking forward. Liam and Emma packed the goods into the trunk then Noah went in the driver seat. He stared at me for long...

"What's up?"

"Still weird, more time, appreciated much"

"Okay bro, relax"

FinallyEmma and Liam finish up in the trunk and they came back into the car, so I wecarried on driving back to the guest house.