── first impressions

𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐄 ── 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝝄

𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕; My mom, Katherine, and I are pulling into the ALDC studio right now and I could not be more nervous! Doing well these next few weeks could determine y future and if I'll make it big.

❝Come on, Maisy. Grab your headshot and let's go,❞ my mom says and she grabs her purse.

I nod my head and grab my headshot before getting out of the car. As I walk into the studio I see a lot of unfamiliar faces. Two faces though stick out to me. 

❝Hey, Maisy! Come sit with us,❞ Pressley exclaims from the other side of the room where she is with Brady.

I look over at my mom who nods and goes to talk with a few other moms. I smile to myself before walking over to the two of them. All of us girls are wearing black ALDC sweatshirts while Brady gets a red one.

The producers then walk into the dancers' den, ❝Okay everyone, Miss Abby will be here in a few minutes. Go and wait in studio A,❞

We all do as they say and head into the room. I stand at the end next to Sarah and her mother Michelle. 

❝Hello, everyone!❞ Miss Abby exclaims as she drove into the room.

We all reply with different answers consisting of hi and hellos. 

❝Welcome to Pittsburgh!❞ she announced.

Everyone starts to cheer and look around the room. I look over Brady to seem him smiling at me, so I smile back.

❝You guys worked really hard to get here. Now, give yourselves a round of applause!❞ Miss Abby told us.

We all start to cheer again and congratulate each other.

Miss Abby continues on, ❝You kids have been given the chance of a lifetime. Now I have been given a second chance,❞

For a few more minutes, Miss Abby went on and talked about her cancer and overcoming it. I feel terrible that she went through that but at least she is doing better now and regaining her brand.

 ❝𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐓, 𝐒𝐎 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐔𝐍𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐆𝐒,
Abby Lee Miller ──

Abby finally finishes her speech and now it's time for pyramid and assignments! I hope I get a duet or solo this week. Then I'll be able to prove myself to everyone since I was the last member chosen at the auditions.

❝This weekend we are headed to Red Bank New Jersey. We will attend the Starbound Talent Competition,❞ Miss Abby announced as we all cheered a little. 

Wow, New Jersey! I've never been there before considering I'm from Utah. I wonder if it's as cool as everyone makes it out to see?

❝Now onto the group routine! Everyone is in the group routine this week. The title is 'Broken Hearts' and it is going to be a test for you. Dancing together in unison, as one, is what it takes to win in the group division. I need group dancers, not a soloist. So, you gotta get that out of your head right now,❞ Abby told us.

I've been in many group dances with my old team in Utah and we've never placed under 5th. I know it's not the best record but for our small studio, it's an accomplishment.

Miss Abby then continued on with the assignments, ❝This week we also have two trios and one solo. The first trio is titled 'The Favorite' and its Sarah, Lilly, and Pressley. The second trio is titled 'Dance with the Devil'. GiaNina will be my devil.  The two little angels will be Savannah and Hannah,❞

Brady and I look to each other knowing only one of us will be getting the solo. 

❝𝐈 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒
𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐎𝐑 𝐈 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄
𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐎. 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄
𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄
𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄
𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄,
Maisy Jones ──

❝Our first solo of this season is a lyrical piece entitled 'The Joke'. This will be going to Miss Maisy,❞

Oh my gosh! Did I hear that right? I can't believe this!

❝Congratulations! Now don't let me down,❞ Abby sternly told me.

❝I won't, Miss Abby. I promise,❞I confidently reply.

❝I hope you're telling the truth,❞ she concluded before closing out the pyramid for this week.

It may only be the first day of dancing at the ALDC, but I already know that this is going to be an experience of a lifetime.

༉‧₊ 𝒔𝝄𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔˚✧
( word count ── 914 )
( updated on 5.21.20 )

hello babes!! i hope you like the second ( edited ) chapter of this! just a fyi the bold / uppercase words on the side are my way of showing the interviews! i just wanted to make it look aesthetically pleasing while still being easy to read. so, do you guys like that or would you like me to change it? because if you guys don't i'll gladly change it! also, make sure to vote && comment!! i'm sorry this chapter is so short but it's just like an introduction to the story

©-joshuabassett