━━ chapter twenty

masiy's pov:

"Bye, mom," I say before walking into the dancer's den. The only one in there is Hannah.

Things between us have been a little awkward ever since the whole Brady situation.

"Hey Hannah, I want to apologize once and all about the Brady drama. I know you liked him and I'm sorry that I kinda took him away from you." I say looking down.

"Oh my gosh, no! It was completely my fault. I shouldn't have been so snotty towards you two. Can we just try and forget about it all and start over?" Hannah asks hopefully.

"Of course!" I say smiling.

{{le time skippy}}

"Ok! Maisy, as you know, your solo is about Anxiety."

||"I'm very glad that I get to do a story about anxiety because it is something that I struggle with every day. I really hope I win so I can help spread awareness." Maisy Jones||

"You will be dancing to the song 'Medicine' by Daughter. In this piece, you will have to put all your emotions on the table and let everyone in. So, let's get started!"

We start the dance and I love it! It could definitely be more difficult but I think all the emotion in the dance will make up for it.

I practice for about half an hour and get it done before it is time to start the group dance.

"Maisy, go get the other girls and come back in for the group dance," Gia says switching the music.

"Okay," I say walking into studio B.

"Hey, guys! Gia sent me in to come to get you. It's time for the group dance.

"Kk." they all say as we walk into studio A.

We walk inside and start to stretch.

"Alright, our prop is here!" Abby says as a few guys bring in a coffin.

Yes, you heard right. A literal coffin. This is going to be 'fun'!

----------------------

katherine's pov:

"Oh my gosh, there's a coffin," Ann says gasping.

"That's a little morbid," Ashley says.

"I've never seen a coffin on stage," I say aw-struct.

"Never." the other moms say agreeing.

"I have problems doing, like, tricks over, on it, flipping, I don't know." Joanne says, "I don't know. Maybe I just have a different vibe because I had to hand-pick my mothers coffin. So I don't find humor in any of it."

We all stay silent and listen to Abby.

"Listen up! Has everyone been to a funeral?" Abby asks.

All the girls except for Lilly and Pressley raise their hands. 

The funeral Maisy and I wen't to was her grandfathers. My dads. That was one of the hardest days we've ever been through.

"Okay. Well it's a room, it smells weird, there are beautiful flower arrangements all around, if the person was liked. If they weren't liked there probably are no flowers. Anyways, imagine your husband, you spouse, is laying inside that casket dead. And you're putting on this big act for everyone. Now, you didn't really like your husband. Maybe he didn't really like you. Maybe it wasn't a great marriage. Alright, let's go!" Abby says.

"Well, this group number is interesting." I say to the other moms.

"Yeah, and she won't be very thrilled with anyone considering her favorite is gone." Erin says.

"Honestly, I don't think it had anything to do with our kids. I think it had to do with the fact that Abby couldn't help herself. She couldn't give our kids the attention they deserved with him here." Ann says.

I have to agree that Abby spent most of her time with Brady but I do miss him and Tricia. They just always brightened up the room.

"I'm excited that the girls get Abby's attention." Ashley says, "And now maybe they'll step up to the plate and prove themselves."

"I mean the best example is that Brady was not the lead every time. Lilly had once chance to be the lead, and she did it. So to me that means she can do it." Stacey says.

We then continue to talk about how the girls need to win this week because if they don't, Abby will blame it on Brady being gone.

The girls continue to do the dance and it is a complete mess.

||"Not to be rude, but this group dance is a mess. All of our timing is off. We really need to prove to Miss Abby that we can preform without Brady. I need to prove that to her." Maisy Jones

"Maisy is right. This week she has to prove to Abby and all the others." Katherine Jones

"This is going to be a long week." Maisy Jones||

----------------------

authors note\\please read:

ahhhhhhh! i am  so sorry! it took forever for me to finally come back to the story. this wasn't even a good or long chapter! I promise the next one will be better.

anyways, I hope you all liked it!  sorry it's been like 10 years lol.

xoxo soph