━━ chapter four

maisy's pov:

---

||"Today is comp day! I'm so excited yet nervous at the same time!" Maisy Jones

"I am confident that Maisy will do amazing today and prove to all the other moms that she deserves this." Katherine Jones||

---

We all loaded onto the bus and I sat next to Presley. Brady and I wanted to sit by each other but I promised Presley I would sit with her on the ride there so I'm going to ride back with Brady.

"Ahhh! I can't believe today is our first day competing on this team!" Presley said excitedly.

"I know right! I can't wait to get there!"

Presley and I just talked the whole entire ride about random things until she brought up the topic of boys...

"Soooo, do you like anyone?"

"U-Um no?" I said, well more like asked.

"Oh my gosh you do!"

"W-what no!"

"You so do! Come on tell me, I promise I won't tell anyone!"

"Fine, I'm not sure if I like them but I think I like... Brady." you whisper.

"OH MY GOSH!" she yells and almost everyone looks at her.

"Shhhhhh!"

"Sorry..." she says and everyone goes back to what they were doing.

"And besides it's not that big of a deal!"

"Not a big deal? Yes it is! I heard from Lily that Savanah said that Hannah said that GiaNina said that he likes you!"

You started blushing like crazy.

"I'm sure they just made it up."

"Oh well"

I changed the topic very quickly and we got to the competition shortly and unloaded the bus.

We all got our stuff and went to go find our dressing rooms. When we got there my mom and I set up my vanity next to Brady's.

"Are you guys excited?" Tricia, Brady's mom asks us.

"Yes!" we both say.

"I'm sure you guys will do great!" my mom says.

"Thanks." we both say smiling.

---

All of us get ready for our numbers. My solo is first and I am beyond nervous. 

My mom just finished my hair and makeup and I was practicing my routine with Gia.

"So Katherine, how do you think Maisy will do with the backbend into the headstand into the backflip?" Stacey asks.

"I think she will do great." my mom says.

"Oh really? Because in rehearsal it didn't seem so great." 

I started to get a little teary eyed but didn't want to cry in front of everyone.

"If abby didn't think she could do it she wouldn't have put it in the number." 

"Well I know I wouldn't have. I mean do you see her?"

I couldn't take it anymore, I ran out of the room to go calm down. I go down the hallway and just sit against the wall trying not to cry. I heard the door to the dressing room open and before I knew it Brady and Presley were right by my side.