━━ chapter twelve

maisy's pov:

Competition three! I'm so excited about the group and the duet.

Brady and I decided to sit by each other on the way there because whenever we sit together on the way back we end up falling asleep. Oh, and we needed to talk about a few lifts in the dance.

"Hopefully i'll be able to carry you in the one lift. You're super heavy." I say giggling a little.

"Hey! I'm not that heavy." Brady says laughing along with me.

"Yeah, yeah."

---

We continue to talk about our dance and some random things until we got to the competition.

"We're running late so we have to hurry!" Miss Abby says.

I grab my stuff and head straight to the dressing room and get ready for the duet. I love my outfit this week!

[[ I hate the costumes in the dance so that's why I did this lol

[[ I hate the costumes in the dance so that's why I did this lol. Brady will just wear black dress pants and this color button up. ]]

I put my hair in a low bun and my mom does some light makeup because we are running late.

"Brady, Maisy, come here." Miss Abby says.

"Ok you two are on in 10 minutes so i'm going to make this quick. You both are amazing with your facial expressions when we are rehearsing but I need you two to deliver that right now. Just think like this is the last time you will ever be dancing with each other."

Brady and I look at eachother. I can't possibly imagine never dancing with him again.

"Now go and win this."

We smile and head backstage watching another duet before we go on. 

"Wow they're really good." I say.

"Not as good as we're going to be!" Brady says.

I smile at him and then hear the announcer call our number.

---

"Next, we have entry #175 "All I Ask" from Abby Lee Dance Company"

[[ my audio swap got copyrighted so i'm going to just put the  og :( i'll also put the son I had with it so if you are reading on a computer or have another device you can play it along with the dance. sorry :( ]]

---

We walk off stage and once we are behind the stage Brady gives me a giant hug and lifts me up and twirls me around.

"Good job guys!" we hear presley say behind us.

"Thanks Pres!" I say giving her a hug.

"We better go get ready for the group." Brady says.

"Last one there is a rotten egg!" I say running to the dressing room.

I get there first and right behind me is Pressley. Brady was last? Wow that's surprising.

"You two are fast!" Brady says gasping for air.

Presley and i just laugh and then we go to get ready.

---

{{ le time skip }}

---

"From Abby Lee Dance Company", entry #279, "Thoughts and Prayers"."

---

"Good job guys!" Lilly says.

"Thanks." everyone says.

"You and Brady did an amazing job being leads." I say.

"Thanks, I'm sure you'll be the lead soon, especially if we ever do another contemporary piece." Lilly says.

"Thanks!"

---

{{ another time skip bc I don't feel like writing the whole GiaNina thing lol }}

---

We all head onto stage for awards.

"Ok we are going to start with our solo division."

"In fourth place.. GiaNina with "Rich Girl"."

Abby will not be happy with that...

"Third place (random person)"

"In Second place, Hannah with "The Last Unicorn"!"

I look over to see Miss Abby's reaction and she didn't look very happy. You could tell she wanted first place after the last two weeks.

"Now onto the Teen Duet division."

Brady grabs my hands and holds onto them

"Third place is, (random number)"

"Second place is... (another random number)

We cross our fingers hoping we will get first place.

"And in first place, Brady and Maisy with "All I Ask" from Abby Lee Dance Company!"

Omg we did it! We walk up and except our reward.

Now it's time for the group.

"In third place we have (random company)."

We clap for them while they say second place and it's not us. 

||"People are either going to  love this dance or hate it. There's no in between." Abby Lee Miller||

"And your overall high scoring small group award goes to "Thoughts and Prayers", Abby Lee Dance Company!"

Three in a row! 

---

{{ yet again another time skip brought to you by my laziness }}

---

We all load onto the bus and get ready for the long ride home.

"Hey Brady I'm going to sit by Presley this time." I say.

"Oh ok" he says.

"Hey Brady, i'll sit by you!" Hannah says.

You look to Presley and see her mouth "Oh no she didn't". Then you look to Brady to see him slightly shocked.

"Uh okay." he says sitting down and mouthing the words, "I'm sorry".

"It's fine" you mouth back. 

No it's not! I mean look at her getting all snuggled up with him! This is going to be a longgggg ride home.

---------------------------------------

authors note\\please read:

Woah I did not expect that ending lol. I kinda just made it up on the spot.

Anyways, that's it for tonight! If anything I will be writing in my new "Brady Farrar x Reader One Shots"book. If you haven't yet make sure to request a one short! (shameless plug lol)

xoxo soph