Chapter 16

Luke's pov

I paced back and fourth biting onto my nails. I pretty sure I have probably bit some off. They have been in there for about half an hour now. What if they can't save her? What if I lose the girl I love the most? What am I going to say to Jayde? She doesn't even know she's in hospital let alone probably dead. MY heart was racing at the thought of her being dead. She's too young to die. She has so much left to live for. How am I going to live with myself if she dies? I don't think i'd be able to live without her.

The door from her room opened and a nurse came out.

"Is she okay? What's happening?" I rushed.

"Mr.Hemmings we are trying, We heard she has a daughter...It's tuesday how about you take her to nursery and when she's done we will hopefully have news." She smiled.

"I can get someone to drop her off at school" I said and she sighed.

"Please. Your daughter needs you" She said and rubbed my arm to calm me down. I gave in and picked my jacket up then walked to the taxi i called.

*
*
*
*
I asked Joe for the school Jayde went to and he said it isn't that far of a walk and its the only one in the area.

I put on her new pink coat and tied up her shoes. I made her lunch and packed it in a bag. 

I hope I made it right?

What if I made it wrong and she doesn't like it?

I'm such a awful dad. I can't make her a bottle, lunch or even settle her down quickly at night. She's going to hate me when she's older.

When we got to the school everyone stared at me.

"Excuse me, sorry. Your daughter will have to have a place in this school to attend here" A women said in a rude tone.

"She does" I snapped unintended.

"Who is she? I'll have a look on the register" She groaned.

"Jayde Richards" I said losing my patients.

Why is it so fucking hard just to get her into her own school.

"Ah yes. Sorry I didn't recognize you? Normally we have Cara drop her off and pick her up" She said suddenly with a lightened mood.

"Well...She's not well at the moment" I said not really wanting to go into detail of whats happening.

"Who are you though? If you want we can add you to the system so you are a known gaurdian...Will you be dropping her off frequently now?" She said and it flushed through me that the answer will probably be yes. It will be me. Only me because Cara won't be around.

"Erm...Yes" I stuttered. She groaned at the fact she had to do more work.

"Look You asked me if i wanted it to be added. If you didn't want to do some work why the fuck did you ask?!" I snapped and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Feisty just like Miss.Richards i see" She laughed, Cara's attitude must be rubbing off on me. I smiled and looked at Jayde who was spinning in circles holding my hand and twisting herself behind me.

"Lou, how about I take over and you go for your break?" A older women spoke and the younger looking lady left.

"Sorry about her. She wasn't sent her willingly. Her parents forced her here" She babbled on.

Seriously why is this taking so long...

"Anyway enough of me babbling. You probably don't care" She laughed "Can I take your name?" She smiled.