Chapter 14: The Letter

• Dedicated kay Yeyeh Balboa

HERE IS JAI'S LETTER TO ALEC:

Dear Alec,

I hope that by the time you read this letter, you’re already 25. I trust you, I know you wouldn’t break my trust. We’re best friends, right? :)

By the time you read this. Maybe we both have our own separate lives.. enjoying our lives away from each other. But… I’m still hoping that one day, we could talk again and share more happy memories together. But just in case it will never happen, I want you to know something…

(Kinakabahan na ako sa mga susunod pang isinulat ni Jai, hindi ko alam kung bakit.)

(A/N: Play the song attached on the side while reading this…TERRIFIED by Katahrine Mcphee - CTO)

The day that I met you during summer when we were still at the age of 13, was the summer that I will never forget.. Why? Because I met this one special guy who kept my heart beat so fast everytime he looks at me. I can’t help but smile everytime I see you smile or laugh. I didn’t care how you looked, because your kindness was all can see.

Remember when we were roaming around the village with our bikes, and hinabol tayo ng aso? I was hurt but it didn’t matter to me because you were there. I saw into your eyes that you cared, that you were worrying about me. You were like my knight in shining armor! While I was riding in your bike, you let me hug you. I felt safe. And I knew that I find you special.But I decided not to see you for the rest of the summer because I don’t want my feelings to blossom even more each day. Nikka has a crush on you, and I don’t want to ruin our friendship because of my feelings for you.

After I went back from Baguio, I realized that I missed you so bad. I wanted to be with you everyday. Good thing you passed by our house during our first day of classes, and I was very happy to know that we were going to the same school. That means I can spend more time with you, even just as friends.But I didn’t expect that we could get so much attention from people. I couldn’t bear hearing all these stupid comments about you. So I decided not to go with you. I did it for you, because I care about how you feel. While I was walking away from you, I felt like crying. So I looked back at you but I saw you walking away already.

After we parted ways, my eyes were still looking for you. I just couldn’t help it. Then I saw you and Nikka together. You know what, you look happy together. Mukhang bagay kayo. And I could see that Nikka was really into you. And I saw you in a restaurant, having a good time. Kaya naman I decided na umiwas na lang sa inyo. I pretended as if I didn’t know you. But deep inside, I’m hurting.

During Student’s Day, I saw you and Nikka together again. You even bought flowere and chocolates for her, right? So I decided I’d set up a date for you and Claire. I knew Claire had a crush on you. I’m sorry, I was just jealous of you being with Nikka all the time.Pero nakokonsensya ako sa ginawa ko. I knew you didn’t want to date Claire. I was being selfish. I approached you after that, and thought that nothing will happen kung iiwas ako ng iiwas sayo. It’s better if we’d be friends na lang.

And everything just went into place. We became closer and closer each day… as friends… as best of friends… Pero hindi ko pa rin mapigilan yung nararamdaman ko.. I wan more than friendship..

Remember the time when I confessed to you that I have a crush at school? And I let you read my poems? I was looking for a clue from you. I thought that you will finally realize that it was for you. That I have feelings for you… I was just observing you while you were reading it… Your face was just blank. Walang dating yung poems ko for you. I felt really sad. Ang manhid mo, Lec. I spent most of my time making poems for you pero nabalewala lahat yun.