Self-Renunciation

Kylo inhaled the sweet scent that still lingered on the pillow.

He had never been more pleased to wake up in his bed. Her scent engulfed him as he lay there breathing in deeply, forcing him to remember the dreams that plagued him at night. He had been dreaming of her often. How she would feel if he touched her, how it would feel like to run his hands through her chestnut hair. The need to touch her, even for a second, was beginning to drive him mad. Pathetic.

He sat up abruptly running his hands over his face and then scratching the back of his head in frustration.

Each dream was different in its start, but each ended the same way. She would be by his side sharing his powers and fighting alongside him. And then the scene would change, and he would be holding her in his arms. Her warmth and light spreading through him. In his dream, he welcomed the light as part of himself. Not as his old self Ben, but as his other half. Her.

Deciding not to dwell on it, he got up from his bed, dressed himself, and went on with his day.

The endless and pointless meetings that Hux had planned for him to attend, went on forever. Trying to focus, Kylo's mind kept drifting off. She was distracting him from just simply focusing on his daily tasks. And it was really beginning to annoy him. He finally decided that taking his frustration out in combat was the best solution to his problem. When he got the chance, he escaped from all his mundane duties as supreme leader.

Destroying the last droid in the training set Kylo huffed in annoyance. The sessions were becoming monotonous and were not helping him advance. He had already commissioned for stronger training droids and was waiting for the day that he could test them out.

"So, rumor says your keeping a pretty little girl as your prisoner."

The sound of Marius's voice echoed through the room breaking Kylo's thoughts.

"That's none of your business Marius." Kylo snapped, turning to look at the knight.

"Well I just wanted to know if the rumors were true." Marius smirked reaching for the lightsaber that was clipped to his belt.

"She is not my prisoner." Kylo responded turning his back to Marius.

"Oh! So, you do have a girl locked up somewhere aboard this ship? Well I would love to meet this pretty little lady that has you bending backwards."

Kylo turned sharply, narrowing his eyes. "You stay away from her or I will kill you."

Marius stepped forward, continuing his tirade.

"Wow. Master of the knights of Ren. In love. She must be very beautiful. I wonder if she would like me?"

Kylo charged at him with a flurry of attacks. To his chagrin Marius parried every move. Every. Single. One.

"I must have hit a soft spot! I didn't know you would be so protective over this girl? This isn't like you, Kylo."

Kylo side stepped as Marius's lightsaber crashed down upon him. Kylo grabbed hold of Marius's lightsaber and attempted to twist it out of his grasp. He proved to be stronger than Kylo anticipated, and instead was able to reverse the hold knocking Kylo's cross guard lightsaber out of his hand.

The lightsaber fell with a clatter.

Laughter erupted out of Marius. "If she could only see you fight, she would choose me."

Kylo roared in anger as he charged, calling his lightsaber back and swinging down on Marius. This time with a fierce anger pushing him forward. Sweat poured down both of their faces as they continued the fight.