Enemy

Rey stole a quick look at Kylo. It was amazing how little she actually knew about him when it came to everything outside of the First Order. She rarely saw him fly, but damn was he good at it. She wondered who had mentor him in his pilot lessons. Did the general teach him? Or was it from being Han Solo's son?

She decided she cared to know and wanted to ask. But the serious look on his face stopped her from uttering a word. So instead she watched him hoping he wouldn't notice.

She stared as his arm flexed when he moved to shift gears. Rey could vividly picture his bare hand as he gripped the shifter. He commanded the ship like he commanded everything else.

With precision and determination.

She couldn't help the heat that rose to her face as she swallowed. Yes. She kissed Kylo Ren. Multiple times. Yes. She liked it. Very much. The way his lips moved over hers, the way he sometimes would be patient and move slowly waiting for her to catch up; and at other times where he would demand her to keep up. Demand her to open herself to him and expose the most vulnerable parts of her soul. She hated it.

But she loved it too.

Though she had to remember.

What she was feeling was a fleeting emotion, one that would leave and come back. Tainted by all the wrong he had done.

He was ruthless, a killer. Harsh in some of the worst ways possible.

Kylo Ren killed people. Han, the servant boy, even his own soldiers.

"We've landed." His voice broke through her thoughts.

"Perfect." She ripped her gaze away from him and unbuckled her harness.

"You're staying on the ship with Senna." Kylo began unbuckling himself before turning to face her.

"No, I don't think so." Rey felt her anger rising, and something else as she took in the concern on his face. Trying very hard not to look down at his lips.

"I think you two need a minute." Rey could hear the laughter in Senna's voice as the knight stood and stretched, her joints popping as she made her way to the doors.

"I need you to stay here, Rey" Kylo's face softened, ever so slightly.

"No. I need this. I need me back." She lowered her voice which was threatening to break at any moment.

A thousand emotions flickered in his eyes. Anger. Sadness. Desperation. Fear. Understanding. Rey couldn't keep up. If she had learned anything at all about Kylo from her time with him, it was that his eyes were truly a window to his dark soul. And it seemed she was the only one who could decipher the complexity of it.

He stood his ground. Not making a single move to stand back or shift out of the way. Anxiety creeped up her spine. Screaming at her to move. To find him.

"I'm going, whether you like it or not." Rey lifted herself to the tips of her toes and pressed a kiss to his cheek, so close to his mouth she felt the corner brush her lips.

His entire body froze. He didn't speak as Rey grabbed her weapon and pushed passed him.

Rey stopped before the exit of the ship, looking over her shoulder.

"Don't get in my way."

She turned and walked out, the sun blinding her momentarily as she breathed in the fresh air. Senna and the rest of the crew were waiting by the end of the loading ramp. It didn't take long before Kylo followed. He ordered his men to move forward and scan the perimeter as he descended down the ramp. He was all business now, the concern he had shown her earlier gone.