Chapter 1: Nightmare

I have always loved dreaming. But after my little brother's death, I've had multiple nightmares about the same thing happening to me or about me watching my brother die and not being able to do anything. Those dreams are driving me insane, especially now that I'm at Hogwarts and I can't just go wake up my parents and let them tell me it's going to be okay. I know it's not going to be okay in either way, but it feels good when there's someone to share the sorrow with and it makes me feel like I'm not alone.

It's my sixth and last year here in Hogwarts. Summer break ended two days ago... The horrible summer that took my lovely little brother James away in the very beginning of the holiday. I'm still thinking about him every single day. It's been two months. And he was only five years old! If anything, it has taught me that life certainly is not fair.

Oh, and by the way I belong to Slytherin. Which was a disappointment for my parents, even though they are muggles and they have never gone to Hogwarts. So, that is very unreasonable.

Right now it's 3am and everyone else is asleep. I just woke up from a haunting nightmare and I can feel that my whole body is sweaty but cold  and I'm breathing very heavily. In the dream I was at a lake with James, when the sky suddenly turned dark and stormy, and as I looked up at the sky, I had lost him. Then I saw he was in the middle of the lake, drowning, begging for help. I jumped into the cold water and tried to reach him, but he was too far away and at the end we both drowned.

I'm not crying. I'm not panicking. It was just a stupid dream, I remind myself.

I try to calm down and get some more sleep but I can't. I'm feeling too restless, so I get out of bed and walk out of the dormitory. I'm wondering the corridors and looking at the paintings that are also sleeping. It's so quiet that a whisper would sound like a lightning.

And then I can hear someone. A step. Another step. Someone is walking towards me. I can feel the chills running down my spine. Who could that be?