Draft

More paperman Orochimaru. Conveniently there for hugs and fluff. No actual character development.

🥢

Yesterday, I had gotten a snake summon from Maru-nii to meet him tomorrow. I was so happy, I missed him.

He had gotten a promotion from the Hokage, his job is to find the ultimate weapon, disease, bloodline, jutsu, anything that could end this war sooner. To create something to destroy. Destroy our opponents until nothing but mere dust is left.

Hopefully he is able to stay far away from the weasel that is Danzo.

I miss him.

Is he eating right? Is he lonely?

I miss him.

I miss his warm tea, his lemony-honey scent. I miss his warm smile, his golden eyes. I miss those quiet moments when we stood in the grass and learned. Where we came to understand how, why, and shared it, together.

He was Maru-nii.

I lay staring at the ceiling. Today I was sleeping in the village in one of my houses. It was hard to sleep in here.

This place was unsafe.

Still, I wasn't spending the night here for nothing. Maru-nii wants to see me tomorrow, I want to be nice and early. Going to sleep would be good for that.

Especially after all that training today, mentally and physically.

Still, my mind stayed awake drifted to other things, like memories.

🐾

The first mission I ever took with Minato-nii was the the beginning of our friendship. A friendship caused by shared experiences and danger.

"Mmhmm. Mmhmm~"

We had spent a long time traveling, ad I was having trouble sleeping. So I sang a lullaby, hopefully it would calm me. Quietly I hummed the first few notes. Then I started to sing, quietly, softly, gently. Sleepily.

"Lul-lullaby, lul-lullaby of the dark 

Listen to our song. 

Mmhmm

Without light we speak... 

Mmhmmhmmm...

Oh how long, shall we dance ?

Our dance to our little little lul-lullaby. Ohh~

With moon among stars hanging overhead...

Sleep or dream, I have no choice.

In dark we play.

How long shall I dream? Of seeing you once again.

I shall wait until sun sets.

When light fades and...with moon and stars overhead

in dark we play.

Of dreams and dances in curtains of darkness

Safety and with sweet embrace.

Eternal sleep shall one day be ours.

In darkness we will all sleep.

Until our next dance.

Sleep sleep and let us play.

In our dreams and in our head.

Let us play.

Until next time."