Draft

More unnecessary OP-ness. Little bit of crack.

~

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
~Andre Gide

🐾

I relaxed on the tree-branch, waiting for my team to assemble so that we could begin our mission. Yawning, my ears picked up the whistle of shuriken and kunai.

Odd.

Sitting up, I observed the gang of ANBU that seemed to be...throwing shurken at...is that a new recruit? I heard that we would be gaining one more member, but he seems so young. Standing up, I jumped down. Landing neatly in the middle of the path.

None of them noticed me. A shuriken missed...Karasu's head by a half a foot, instead of inches.

"What are you doing?"

They stared at me as though I were a ghost. I quickly noted who was here, planning on assigning them cleaning duty this month.

"Explain yourselves."

One of them stepped up, ah Tora, the tiger. I smiled menacingly under my mask, it seems I have a victim. His arrogance will be the death of him, but no need to tell him that. After all, to be jealous of a little cub is so very silly of him.

"We wanted to make sure he had the skills to be one of us."

Gorira then spoke up, finishing Tora's sentence, before his hesitance made Tora break under my accusing stare.

"Since he's to young."

Ah, they think that youth means weak. Baka, don't they know that this is ANBU? Orokana baka. It seems I may have to give a private 'training session' with them, but after I report this insolence to Sandaime-dono.

I spoke, silent threats underlying my ominous tone.

"Do you have a problem with the decision of our superiors?"

He bowed his head as he backed down.

"No, it's not like that..."

Smiling, I pointed out something that was painfully obvious. Something that should have at least warranted his attention. To question this new recruit's ability as a successful ANBU agent is...inadvisable.

"Haven't you already sensed he's not ordinary?"

This newbies' chakra levels are much higher than the average chuunin. Ah, when this one grows up he's going to be strong. No need to make enemies when he's still young and impressionable.

Turning to the new recruit, my smirk was evident in my voice as I informed him of what he will be doing. To antagonize this many ANBU takes skill, unintentionally, that means ignorance. Ara, he doesn't know my name. Might as well introduce myself.

"I'm Kakashi, captain of Team Ro. You're new, but I want you to learn the ANBU rules and formations quickly."

Karasu, I hope you can be accepted. After all, life isn't kind when you're not accepted by those around you.

"Hai."

Suddenly, he leaped up. Kunai in hand as he guided each blade to every target in the training area. A training area that was newly constructed. Surprisingly, he made every target. Dead-center.

The ANBU behind me mumbled.

"He's good."

"Yep."

I spoke to Fukuro as I evaluated the new recruit's display of skill.

"He is talented but making an exception, for someone so young is unusual for the ANBU. Lord Danzo recommended him."