Draft

Go ahead and play the song whenever you want. I really don't care if you do. At least I know I had good tastes then.

🥢

"What do you mean Rin is missing?"

Shocked, I gestured for the messenger Nin to further his explanation, ignoring the façade of being socially-inept.

Half-way through his explanation I growled in frustration and started to run, our mission was over anyways.

How?

How? How could this happen?

Why Rin?

She was supposed to be on some low-ranked mission. An easy one. A safe one.

My breath stuttered as I felt this stab of sadness. The fact that I had completed the mission without rested nearly caught up to me. Almost tripping, I stumbled. Then I picked myself up and continued to run.

All the while repeating that one question.

Why?

It hasn't even been that long.

Why?

Why?

When I arrived, I put a Genjutsu on myself to infiltrate their ranks, and when I arrived to where she was held. It nearly broke me then and there. Lush brown hair was mangled and dry, growing whiter with dandruff. Her clothes were stripped off and I could see the outline of a seal. Body so full of life, now lay so still, like it was dead, no not dead, please not dead. After careful observation, she seemed slightly damaged, yet...

Then the bruises and cuts on her small frame, each one told me a different story from the measly five dasy she was here. 

Three days that were wasted as I ran and ran to get here. It took two days to inform the Hokage that Rin was missing? Internally I laughed and laughed.

There were knife marks, senbon, and puncture holes where needles were evidently used. She was paralyzed yet I could smell her fearpainconfusion. Her stomach seemed to be torn up from seals that appeared to have been written and then redone, over and over and over

A failed experiment my mind whispered. She was physically fine but...

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY

PlEaSe nOt HeR

I nearly started to sob right then and there when I noticed bruises on her hips.

 Quickly I started to clothe her, tearing out needles, and wrap her in an embrace, whispering,

"You're safe."

Safe.

I shuddered when I felt her take a raspy breathe then I turned backwards towards the door with a snarl.

The nin there had a clear bag and a needle, one filled with nutrients and the other with suppressants. Rin, poor poor Rin shivered in the corner, mewling in quiet pain. Growling I stalked closer to the enemy nin, and ripped out his throat.

Then I put Rin on my back, just until she can walk and made a path paved with blood.

When we were finally out I started to sprint into the Shadows, trying to stay hidden as long as I could. I was exhausted and so couldn't get caught or else...