Fiery Hot Ramen

"Without ramen, there'd be darkness and chaos."

-Unknown

🐾

The Third Shinobi World War had been declared. There was little action the first few months, but any battles held between nations were usually vicious. Each battle lost many lives.

I don't know many details of the war besides supposedly being caused by a 'failed mission,' as Otou-san has stopped speaking to me, he can't look at me in the eyes anymore. I'm still attending the Adademy but there is talk of me skipping grades. Apparently I am a prodigy because I learn faster than other kids.

I-I don't know though.

I kind of like the Academy in it's own weirdness. Then again, Tou-san did something and now practically everybody in the Village hates us. Why? Even the teachers glare at me as though I did something wrong. The children that once tried to tackle me and bring me into their little groups now stare at me as though I were some grosteque thing.

Perhaps I should skip grades.

If I skip grades, I won't have to burden anyone any longer with anger. Anger is bad because it hurts. Tou-san hurts whenever they glare, when they whisper under their breath insults and lies. I hurt.

I don't want my classmates to be burdened with anger. Those eyes that once stared at me with awe, with friendship, with comradeship. They were mine.

Perhaps I should leave.

I will leave, and perhaps...

But I don't want--

Ano, who cares what I want? Life is not kind and death waits for no one. So I will grow stronger, and one day they will look at me without those gleams of hatred in their eyes. And will look at me with fear instead...

I don't want... but I have no choice for now. For now, I will grow stronger.

Tou-san seems distracted lately, and it's different. Even Orochimaru-oji-san no longer has time for me. Although he has an excuse, because he's acting as Head Scientist for the Division of Science & Engineering. And he is also an esteemed and high-ranking shinobi, since he's is one of  the legendary Sannin.

Sannin. The Three Ninjas.

Pfft. Such an odd name, but at least it somehow strikes fear in our (their) enemies. It was bestowed upon Orochimaru-oji-san, Jiraiya-oji-san, and Tsunade-oba-san, by Sanshōuo no Hanzō, Hanzō of the Salamander. He is the current sato-osa, village head, of Amegakure of Rain Country.

Although he is a mere sato-osa, his lethal prowess is nothing to mock. As proven in the last war, the Second Shinobi World War. In fact, people say that he can probably fight on-terms with any Hokage he wishes. And that he is probably a ushi-oni, despite him being human. As his metal mask is supposed to ventilate the toxic air he exhales.

Some people say that he probably feasts on his kill in the safety of the large bodies of water found in Ame. Although that isn't true because the corpses that are retrieved by others, are given burials here in Konoha.

Throwing the rock forwards, I watched as it skipped five times across the lake before sinking with a quiet 'plop.' Tilting my head, I turned around to find another stone before tripping unceremoniously onto the ground.

Picking myself up, I inspected my blue kimono for any dirt stains. Quickly brushing off the few flecks of dirt that were visible, I sighed in relief before pretending nothing happened. A quiet voice whispered something, and I nearly snapped my head up in surprise.