Draft

"Everglow. You'll never know the worlds in the darkness that you don't show."

~Starset, Everglow

🐾

"Itai!!!"

"Pfft... Ahahahahaha!!!!!!"

I couldn't help it.

"Your face!!!! Your face!!!!!"

I continued to laughed at Tanuki, whom literally ran into a tree. And I thought I had trouble with my one eye!

Slowly sitting up, he groaned, one hand adjusting his crooked mask as the other flipped me off. Lifting his gaze towards me, he growled warningly under his breath.

"Senpai-"

His mussed up hair and ruffled clothing painted an adorable picture, iike an angry kitten,. I almost felt bad, but...his face. His face!!!

"AHAHAHA!!!!!!"

At this point I was rolling on the ground. Side-stitches brought tears to my eyes, but...it was so funny! My sides ached and I was gasping for air at this point, but I couldn't stop laughing.

Cold metal pressed against my neck. Instantly I froze, as Tanuki whispered into my ear.

"Senpai...stop laughing at me."

With this threatening statement, I snorted. Like this newbie could even be considered threatening to a me, a Black Ops ANBU. In fact he is more like a cub learning to hunt, but forgot that there was still those stronger than him.

"Ara, gomen Tanuki-san but...pfft."

The knife pressed harder against my neck, but twisting backwards, jerking quickly, I flipped him over me. Throwing his knife away as his hands reached out helplessly.

Startled, he let out a loud mewl. Like a little pup that lost a game of tug-of-war.

Kawaii.

Smirking, I helped him up as I yawned.

"Taicho, you still have much to learn. The day you become threatening to me, is the day that I become weak. And I will not allow myself to become weak anytime soon. I need to be strong so that I can protect my precious ones. That is my nindo, but don't tell Obito I said that. 'Kay?"

I winked conspiratorially. Turning around, his confused gaze reached mine.

"Obito- the one you visit at the Memorial Stone? Isn't he-"

Of course this newbie knows of me visiting Obito. It's common knowledge to most Konoha Shinobi. From a young age, people have talked about me, when Tousan died people whispered about me, and even now I am still a topic for conversations.

"Yes, I know."

After all, it would be no good of giving the Council another reason to not let the Hatake Clan-head participate in their meetings. My status as a full-time ANBU, instead of a married clanhead with at least two potential heirs, is already problematic enough. Last of the clan and all.

No need to give another incentive on why I shouldn't visit Naru-chan.

We've already failed to get him a proper home. Mikoto-chan and the others have already had restraining orders placed on them by the Hokage. They can't care for or even visit Naru-chan.

In order to 'protect' them, the Hokage placed restraining orders on them so that they won't be targeted. To protect Naruto or them, I can't tell.

It's bad enough that in exchange for visiting time, I need to fulfill an extra amount of missions solo. In order to complete the necessary amount of missions needed to visit Naru-chan, as myself and not cold Inu, I have to fulfill more than just the required amount of missions.

The constant chakra exhaustion doesn't help either. I'm getting better at using even less chakra than normal, but this is hurting more than just my performance on the field. Ever since...Kannabi Bridge, I've been feeling more and more tired.

Straight after completing missions, I've been spending more and more time sleeping. The fact I'm completing more and more missions just to visit Naruto isn't helping.

An apple fell onto my head.

Behind me, I could hear several ANBU snickering as the feared 'Inu' yelped in surprise. Tanuki scoffed at me, so I smacked him on the head, distracting him from noticing one of Iruka-san's pranks. A bucket of cold water fell on him, soaking him in ice-cold water. Smiling as he squealed in surprise.

Spying Iruka hiding behind some bushes, I saluted him in mock-gratitude. Ignoring Tanuki's indignant splutters and griping as Iruka saluted back.

"Senpai!!!"

🐾

"I am of the Kagami clan. My name is Kagami Mitsuki. (鏡夢 みつき)"

🐾

Sharp eyes observed the profiles of the various ninja the shinobi village had to offer. There was a hit on her head, and she couldn't be bothered to deal with the problem. Her home, her workplace, the Okiya was facing financial problems and-well, she has a lot to do.

Her danna, the patron, is much to busy as well. He's dealing with one of those clan succession crises. No need to get wrapped up with that. So she'll hire a ninja.

She heard that shinobi will perform various tasks for a decent amount of ryo. It took several days of 'extra' work, but this will ensure that her business and her students are safe. Hiring a ninja won't make the business bankrupt, in fact if she might be able to use on as another set of hands.

Yet, this shinobi must be able to protect her maiko as well, and that would mean dressing as one of them. She highly doubts that a shinobi would be able to learn the many intricate arts and skills of being a geisha.

Except these are ninja, those that reside in shadow. Blending in as though they were always there.

Finally, she spotted one with the features she had been looking for. With those highly-prized aristocratic features and those exotic eyes. Except, the profile was of a man, no a boy to be more specific. Hm, the sudden appearance of a male geisha will bring in more customers...but it will draw unwanted attention as well. A boy guard, that will bring attention of all sorts, and with those features...wasted.

No.

Young enough that their features seem both feminine or masculine. Hm...she can work with this.

The mask would have to go, and that hair... Mou, thank goodness the journey between this village and her home is a long one.

With her decision made, she left the small but still respectable motel she was staying in. Supplies packed, she readied the brushes and pallets of makeup. Blue or a light grey? She rolled the clan name of her chosen guard, feeling a sense of familiarity in it.

"Hatake Kakashi. Hatake. Hatake...I've heard of that clan before, but where?"

🐾