Extra: History Lesson 2

How the Parents Met

or otherwise known as

The Story of the White Wolf & the Moon Fairy

~

Once upon a time, there was a silly little wolf that loved to wander around and play. This silly little wolf was just and righteous, eating the evil people and helping the good people prosper.

One day this silly little wolf met a woman. She was beautiful with hair like moonlight, eyes like starlight, crimson red lips, and was so very graceful. The beautiful lady was like a fairy that had descended from the heavens. Yet she was sad, so sad that it hurt like second-hand depression.

He wanted to go and make her happy and smile, but he thought that the fairy would be fearful of him. So he never went near her, never showed himself to the fairy with eyes like starlight.

He never liked it when people were sad.

Every night he left little gifts for the fairy that he wanted to see smile. Little treasures like a jar of delicious sake or flowers and small handmade bentos filled with treats like sweet meat and dango.

Anything to make the fairy happy. Her smile was beautiful and he wanted to see it more, that smile made him happy.

Then he remembered that yokai can shift into humanoid forms.

Except he realized that humans need garments because they don't have fur and he never learned how to change his form properly because his kitsune-sensei was boring, so he borrowed clothes from a nearby town. In this outfit, he remembered to wear a mask.

Masks hid what mortals had no right to see, they also protected him from being mobbed by female humans and other admirers that were of the same gender. These things are called fans, stalkers, and paparazzi.

Little kits and cubs will learn to avoid and hide from these types of things. But that's a lesson that doesn't belong in this story. (⌐□_□)

He was not sure how he should approach her, so he decided to just drop off the usual treats before asking that one okuri-inu, what was his name(?), why he participated in the senbiki ōkami if he knew that they were one wolf to short. It's like he wants to kiss up to that one alpha female.

Baka.

The silly little wolf strode out into the moonlight. Jar of sake in one paw, err hand, and bundle of daffodils onto the usual spot before turning around. Pale eyes stared into his as she emerged from the shadows and into the soft light of the night.

Eyes widened as he realized that the lovely fairy had seen him.

Backing away, he tripped over a rock as he tumbled into the lake. Climbing onto shore, he heard the fairy laugh so melodiously and it was worth it. Looking up, he stared into the eyes of the lovely fairy and she was smiling.

She was smiling.

The beautiful fairy was smiling.

She held out a soft delicate looking hand, it was absolutely ethereal. He stared into her eyes and he felt warm inside, clasping his hand onto hers he then...pulled her into the lake.

Her eyes widened as she toppled over.

Smirking he climbed out of the water as he ran towards the protection of the forests' shadows before realizing that he wasn't going anywhere and what the heck!?!

The woman had grabbed him by the nape of his neck and now he couldn't move. This was a vicious fairy, but how did she know where his weakness was? ヾ('囗`。)ノ

As though she had read his mind, she answered with a very scary voice but somehow just as beautiful.

"You didn't bother hiding your tail, or your ears kitsune-kun."

The silly little wolf shrunk in on himself as he realized his mistakes. Rookie mistakes that everybody knows, but ones that he made. Rookie mistakes! (ノД')・゜・。

He just wanted to be friends!!!

HE'S TO YOUNG TO DIEE!!!!!

The woman just stared at him unimpressed, as he panicked. This little fairy is so mean, somebody save him! QAQ

~

It is said that the white wolf and the moon fairy met in the Land of Ancestors. Legend says that the white wolf left courting gifts for the moon fairy by the lakeside, and that the moon fairy reciprocated his love then and there.

It is said that they expressed their love for a day and a night.

Thus ends the beginning of the most romantic and tragic love story known today. Come back soon to hear the next part of the 'Story of the White Wolf and the Moon Fairy.'

(   ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)