20

Emilia sighed as she approached Garp. It had been a week since they left Fuusha village,Goa Kingdom. And when they finally did reach marine headquarters after they reached the first half of Grand Line, Emilia learned that she could not enter the marine until she was 13 years old.

Emilia,who was 10 years old gave a look of disappointment towards Garp and it seemed even the old man didn't know that there was such a rule. Apparently people could join the marine at any age if they were in the four blues but then if they were going to be a marine in the Grand Line, a minimum age of 13 necessary with no exceptions.

Garp did ask "Do you want to go back home?" when he heard the rule but then Emilia refused. She decided that it was better if she stayed in the Grand Line and improve herself in many field such as strength, navigation and medicine. Garp happily accepted that decision, without asking Sengoku ,the Fleet Admiral of course.He would probably shout at Garp while the latter won't care and start digging his finger deep into his nose.

"Garp-san." Emilia said making Garp look at her with a frown.

"Call me Grandpa."

Complete ignoring the request she continued, "Can you introduce me to the navigator? I would like to learn from him."

The old man stared at the girl with a questioning face. "Are you that knowledge starved?" Garp asked folding his arms on his chest with a huff.

"Should I do something else then?" Emilia asked with a smile on her face. The smile dropped a few seconds later and then she sighed.

Garp flinched a bit. It seems that the girl was still quite angry at him and honestly it was down right depressing. It made the old man sad. "As long as you're not doing any action in the ship, anything is fine."

With that he looked over to his left and called over a tall man with a hat,who was in a marine uniform. And when the man reached Garp,he saluted. The old man laughed a bit and pointed at the other guy with his thumb.

"This is Bogard. Just ask him anything you need." With that Garp made a swift turn and walked away. Emilia sweat dropped as she watched Garp, noticing how smoothly the old man dumped his duty on his right hand man and ran away.

Emilia then turned her head and looked at Bogard,bowing a bit as she introduced herself. "My name is Ainsworth Emilia. I'll be in you care from now on." However the man didn't say anything and just stared at the girl,making Emilia sweat nervously. And after minutes which seemed like eternity the man nodded.

Emilia later asked Bogard to help her in training (which made Garp sulk since she didn't ask the Vice-Admiral instead) but she still didn't get a navigator and doctor to teach her.

Turns out on contrary to Bogard's cold and quiet appearance he helped Emilia a lot. He would help her train her swords and sometimes Garp also helped her in her 'training' which mostly ended with her having various bruises.

Bogard also introduced her to the ship's navigator named Zack, who was quite quite but really knowledge guy. He had dark hair accompanied with dark eyes with glasses, a stereotypical must have item for smart characters. He would teach her every details needed in determining the weather like the wind,the direction of clouds and even the directions fishes were heading.

Emilia could say she liked the guy.He was always friendly towards her, a bit clumsy and weak but he was a nice person.She could draw out that conclusion without a doubt.

....

It was again one of those mundane days of patrol. Garp was no where to be found probably sleeping somewhere- and the responsibility of running the ship was taken by Bogard.