26

Where am I? Emilia found herself in a unusual yet familiar room. A desk with books lying all over,a neatly kept bed and a shelf filled with books.

She walked towards the door turning the knob and as soon as she opened it,a chatter filled her ears. Multiple people were talking at the same time, her legs led to that place.

Before she could enter the room,the door swung open. A girl who was all to familiar rushed out,her bag placed on her shoulder. That person was wearing a school uniform.

"Y/N!" That's right... Emilia recognized. That person is me from last life.

"You didn't complete your food!" A voice shouted. Emilia turned to see her mother who was huffing,clearly displeased.

"I'm sorry,mom! But I have cleaning duty today!"

Emilia followed her past self.

She took in the environment around her. Everything looks so familiar yet strange. The neighborhood which she grew up in no longer felt like home.

Y/N was walking to the train station and once she got on,she plugged in a earphones and she went through her phone,soon turning on a video.

Emilia peeked in. Ah...I was watching that episode of One Piece. The episode where Ace dies. Emilia smiled slightly when she saw her old self tear up on the train earning weird looks from others.

The episode ended at the exact time my stop came. Emilia remembered that she was someone who liked to do everything on time, a very precise person.

There were a lot of  people in and around the station. Emilia walks down up the stairs following her past self who was now on the road leading to her school.

Emilia watched her self run when suddenly she remembered everything. That's right...I remember now. The day I watched that episode was the day I-

A loud screech of tires was suddenly heard. Emilia turned to see her past self on the ground,blood already pooling her. Her eyes were slowly closing as people started surrounding the dying person.

That day I remember things very clearly. Emilia thought. That day I remember regretting not waking up early. I regretted not finishing my food. I wanted to thank my parents before I died. I wanted to at least graduate high school. I want to finish watching all my shows.

Emilia laughed. Stupid me also hoped Ace didn't die and he actually survived the blow from Akainu.

Maybe the reason why I was so adamant on saving Ace even before I knew him properly was probably because that was my last thought before I died.

But she knows even if she never had that thought. If she were to meet Ace,she would undoubtedly love him just as much as she did right now. The case also applied to both Sano and Luffy.

Emilia noticed her past self stop breathing and suddenly everything around her went white. It was as if she was in an empty room. Complete empty except a digital clock on the wall. It read 20:09. But then the numbers didn't move even if a minute passed.

Just as Emilia was wondering what it was when she was suddenly sucked by something and the last thing she saw was the clock turn 20:00.

"My baby...My dear Emilia." A gentle voice was heard. It was the voice belonging to Keira, Ainsworth Emilia's mother.

"Emilia..."

"Emilia!!"

Emilia opened her eyes. All parts of her body was aching and her vision was still blurry. She felt a tear slip down. Ah... I wanted to be with my mother more.